Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motion Sensor LED Flood Light

Options
  • 08-02-2018 6:53pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I have a Motion Sensor LED Flood Light, what I noticed from day 1 is when the light is plugged in but there's no movement the light is on but faded, is it normal for the light to be faded when there's no movement. I would think if there's no movement the light should be off same as when unplugged.

On the pic below you can see how faded it's when there's no movement.

441079.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭tweek84

I came across a similar issue with a LED floodlight but it didn't have a sensor, removed the light put up a different one no issue out of interest i put the 'problematic' one up in a different location no issue with the light so i put it back where i originally had it and the light had the same problem but not initially but after an hour or so I checked the light it was getting a bit of voltage (i can't remember what volts) i checked the switch and moved the switch wire to another switch still the same problem removed the switch wire earthed it to discharge the voltage re terminated in to the other switch problem was gone. Replaced the light switch with a new one and no issues since. It was a strange one but i didn't think about it too much as the floodlights were cheap 10euro the two lights were different makes so probably slightly different internals hence why the problem was with one and not the other.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

tweek84 wrote: »
    I came across a similar issue with a LED floodlight but it didn't have a sensor, removed the light put up a different one no issue out of interest i put the 'problematic' one up in a different location no issue with the light so i put it back where i originally had it and the light had the same problem but not initially but after an hour or so I checked the light it was getting a bit of voltage (i can't remember what volts) i checked the switch and moved the switch wire to another switch still the same problem removed the switch wire earthed it to discharge the voltage re terminated in to the other switch problem was gone. Replaced the light switch with a new one and no issues since. It was a strange one but i didn't think about it too much as the floodlights were cheap 10euro the two lights were different makes so probably slightly different internals hence why the problem was with one and not the other.

Thanks for the reply, I say in my case it could be the cable that goes from the sensor to the led. I hope it doesn't waste much electricity as it would be on 24h a day.

Advertisement