Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with insurance claim

Options
  • 08-02-2018 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I was in a crash a few weeks ago and the third party admitted to fault.

But the amount I am given is far below what I think my own car was worth. It was a 04 Clio which I get doesn't look like much, but it had 41k miles on it and I had put on new Clio alloys with new tyres a few days prior which I would value it at more.

My question is can I argue with them to bump it up a bit more? I tried over the phone and they brought it up by €350 but its still nothing near I would value the Clio at.

Anyone have past experiences with this and help me out would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

Carzone will give you a view of values. a quick search suggests €1500 is around the asking price.

a car is always more valuable to the owner than the market value, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mia07

Thanks for your reply.
    Its unfortunate about my Clio even if it was the third party at fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mrsbeebee

Screen shot examples of the same make model and year and if they are more forward them to the claims handler. Do you have an invoice for the alloys? Send that too. Was the car written off and if so what category was it? If it's a c or d you could take the pre accident value less the salvage value and try and get it repaired yourself somewhere.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Swap back the alloys and better tyres?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

were your wheels damaged if not get to the breakers and get them back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Mia07

2 alloys were damaged, think I might swap them with the wheels that were on it originally if I'm able.

Sent them some examples from Donedeal and they brought it up by another few hundred.
    The Clio is under category B now apparently.

Thanks for your replies ;)

Advertisement