Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken Social Scene. Tivoli Theatre May 28 2018

Options
  • 08-02-2018 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

Broken Social scene will play the Tivoli Theatre Dublin on Monday May 28.
    Seems to be a new promoter. Tickets will be €28

https://events.ticketbooth.eu/event/broken-social-scene/pre-sale
    Selective Memory Presents:

Broken Social Scene
    FIRST DUBLIN DATE IN 10 YEARS!

Live at The Tivoli
    28th May 2018
    Doors 19.30

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

Peter File wrote: »
    Broken Social scene will play the Tivoli Theatre Dublin on Monday May 28.
    Seems to be a new promoter. Tickets will be €28

https://events.ticketbooth.eu/event/broken-social-scene/pre-sale
    Selective Memory Presents:

Broken Social Scene
    FIRST DUBLIN DATE IN 10 YEARS!

Live at The Tivoli
    28th May 2018
    Doors 19.30

Tickets on sale today-could be a while before they play again by the looks of things-lovely venue too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads is the Tivoli all seated? There doesn't seem to be the option to buy standing tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Lads is the Tivoli all seated? There doesn't seem to be the option to buy standing tickets.

It's standing for gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

There's no seating section

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Looking forward to this tonight

• Advertisement

Amy Millan played most of the US dates, but won't be in Dublin unfortunately. Should still be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Toast

Back in the day they used to play for 3 hrs. They are on at 9pm according to the promoter so I guess that isn't still the case?

Oh any idea who is on the lineup these days? Looked like Amy Milan was singing with them in photos from their last gig but Stars are also touring the US so I'd imagine Europe might have someone else.

Seems to be sold out now

Seems to be sold out now

i have a spare looking to go to a good home - so don't be stuck!

roll wrote: »
    i have a spare looking to go to a good home - so don't be stuck!
    So do I!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Buster Poindexter

Hey y'all, does anyone know if the Tivoli will accept a ticket via email on my phone, with the qr code thingamajig? I don't have a hard copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Wheeker

How good was that gig? Fantastic to see them again, it's been 10 years since they last played Dublin! A great feel-good vibe with quite a few celebratory references to the referendum result. The setlist was packed-full of favs/oldies. I think due to the female singer (Ariel Engle) just getting out of hospital(!) they couldn't play much from the new album. Kevin even said they would have to come back soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,182 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I didn't know this was happening :( I saw them at electric picnic 2 years ago but the gig was ruined by poor sound in the electric arena. Great band.

Great gig-ears still buzzing a bit this morning tho..... A wee bit disappointed that 'Hug of Thunder' and 'Mouthpiece' weren't played but couldn't be helped with Ariel's voice issues.... Top night all in all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Very good gig. Was a bit miffed that I had to give up my front row spot due to two muppets behind me, but it was still great from the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Buster Poindexter

Smashing gig. Loved that they played a fair amount of older songs too, especially the You Forgot It In People ones. Band sounds tight and sloppy simultaneously somehow. Pity the new singer was still a bit sick, but still did well.

The tivoli is a nice venue! I think it's my first time there in 20 years or so. Whipping Boy and Mexican Pets.

Advertisement