Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling and Sport One Piece Suit

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,293 ✭✭✭Macy0161

A tri suit? I don't think you'll find a long sleeved, but people use them with body baselayers and leg warmers for duathlons.

Padding is a compromise compared to bike specific shorts, but depends on distance you have to cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭strmin

Castelli Sanremo 2. Brilliant one piece. If you can tolerate padding in other sports.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

This thread make Rob ill.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

RobFowl wrote: »
    This thread make Rob ill.......

Liar liar rear entry tri suit on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

I'm confused :confused:

You want to cycle (so want suitable one-piece kit) to other sports and not change?

I cant imagine trying to play ANY other sport while wearing a cycling one-piece......images of running around indoor soccer in a padded bib longs.....but they are available. Apart from the Castelli SanRemo mentioned already, there is cheaper versions from Ekoi. http://www.ekoi.com/en/thermal-cycling-skinsuits/6783-combinaison-hiver-ekoi-gel-aero-comp10-rouge.html

Still cant see it though.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,792 ✭✭✭✭cormie

The one I have already (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00OEF7J3S/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1) is almost perfect as it's basically an underlayer. If it had short sleeves as opposed to braces, it would be exactly what I'm after, save for the pad which sometimes gets in the way :o

The one pieces mentioned and linked to are a bit overkill both in terms of price £200 and £88 compared to the £20 the one I have cost :pac: and with the likes of the back pockets etc.

I'd basically be wearing this under shorts and a tshirt, so yeah, no need to change, cycle there, play some sport and cycle back and have a shower once home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

The first amazon link you gave is for a motorbike undersuit.

You can get similar for skiing as well. This one below is available in a wider range of sizes
    one-piece-baselayer-front.188.jpg
    https://www.extremeracing.co.uk/one-piece.html

Please note that this is not an endorsement of wearing something like that for other sports. My advice would be two sets of gear and a bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Thud

I think maybe Skins/Under Armor type base layer leggings and long sleeve top might be a bit more what you are looking for, not a weird as bodysuit either for playing other sports

Advertisement