Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Air Fryer

• 07-02-2018 10:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Looking to purchase an air fryer. Anyone seen any decent offers or discounts around?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I think it was a couple of weeks ago when aldi or lidl had one the same size as the philips extra large one. If my standard philips had broken I would have risked getting it, as it was only 50euro and a good guarantee. They could still well be in stock in some.

You see offers cropping up in the main threads in bargain alerts and the food forum.

Many recommend the larger size. In those threads I was saying I look at US airfryer recipe forums and many americans seem happy with the "power xl" range, they sell one which is bigger than the philips XL. They can be got on amazon.co.uk sometimes amazon.de is the cheapest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Tesco Clearwater had "family" air fryers at the weekend. €80 IIRC. Sorry but dont recall the brand. Might have been Texet as they had capsule coffee machines beside the fryers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

The Range have an a Tower Air Fryer for €75. I see some Lidl stores still have some stock of their fryer as of 10/03/2018

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭horse7

Having never used an air fryer before can you recommend if they are more economical to use than an electric oven and how easy is it to use, can you put different items in at the same time ,eg chicken potatoes veg?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭amber2

Definitely more economical. Airfryer just airfries, XL or XXL is probably the way to go if your cooking a few things at the same time depending on for how many. Ninja foodi has more functions depending on which model 7 in 1, 9 in 1 or 15 in 1. The 15 in 1 has same capacity as the Philips XXL airfryer for roughly the same cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Looking at getting this for family and looking for recommendations or is it best to wait unitl Black Friday and use the oven till then

Mainly for cooking simple things or quick things at the weekend or something when home from work

Any recommendations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭horse7

Got one, cosori, it's very useful.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Don't bother unless you enjoy dry tasteless food. In fact you can have ours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Got one of these a while ago in Lidl. Would highly recommend. Big enough to do for several people, quicker and more economical than the traditional oven, various cooking style options. Our oven has been practically redundant since. Picture shows the rotary basket, it clips out and a rotary spit for chicken, two wire mesh trays, and a base drip tray are also included.

Advertisement