Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CE Scheme and Course Hours

Options
  • 07-02-2018 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Move if necessary. I'm currently on a CE Scheme and I'm also doing a business admin course which is one day a week over two years. So my question is, can I put the hours from my course onto the hours I working on the scheme.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

Move if necessary. I'm currently on a CE Scheme and I'm also doing a business admin course which is one day a week over two years. So my question is, can I put the hours from my course onto the hours I working on the scheme.

Best person to ask is your supervisor.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Are they connected in anyway ,
    But I believe they can't as the course is done on your own free time ,
    Where the scheme is contracted 19.5 hours pw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

Gatling wrote: »
    Are they connected in anyway ,
    But I believe they can't as the course is done on your own free time ,
    Where the scheme is contracted 19.5 hours pw

I might be wrong, but I think the supervisor has the discretion to allow some hours if the course is relevant to the position. I'm not sure if DSP has hard and fast rules on it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

As others have said it depends on if the course is somehow related to your job and if your supervisor agrees. From experience I have done a CE scheme where the employer got me to do a related course. The days where I was away at tutorials etc were counted as days worked but these were only 1 day a month or so not every week.

Advertisement