Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote for 50 year old male person

Options
  • 07-02-2018 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭

What is going on with these gangsters? got my renewal from 25plus today, went up by over 30% even though the last time I was in contact with them was to pay for my lapsed policy!!! I've rang loads today, a 50-year old male holding a full-Irish driving license more than 10 years, maximum no-claims bonus and no points,average mileage on a 1.5 diesel car valued at €3000.....they all seem to be up around €800 - that's absolutely shocking!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It has gone up for everyone.
    Shop around, we all do it
    Start with everyone in this List of insurers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

kingaaa wrote:
    What is going on with these gangsters? got my renewal from 25plus today, went up by over 30% even though the last time I was in contact with them was to pay for my lapsed policy!!! I've rang loads today, a 50-year old male holding a full-Irish driving license more than 10 years, maximum no-claims bonus and no points,average mileage on a 1.5 diesel car valued at €3000.....they all seem to be up around €800 - that's absolutely shocking!!!

My wife ( shh..shes 47) 10 years plus full license full ncb got her quote yesterday off An Post 677 full comp in a 11 reg 1.5 diesel megane. A few minutes on Google and inputing data got a quote off it's for women insurance of 445 guess who she is going with. Just for fun I looked for a quote aswell off them 46 full 10 year license full ncb 1.9 audi A4 05 reg my quote was 600 euro. Not great but not bad.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

OP, my age and licence details would be similar enough to you, car is worth slightly more but not a huge amount. I got a quote from Its4women last year that significantly beat everything else I was offered. Renewed just last week. They were looking for around €600, had a look around and couldn't find anything better but chanced my arm and asked them if they could do any better. They knocked over €40 off on the spot. Definitely worth giving them a go, despite what their name says.

Advertisement