Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone have any suggestions for cold lunches

Options
  • 07-02-2018 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭

I don't have a microwave in work and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for bringing vegetarian lunches to work that don't need to be reheated?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Pasta dishes
    Salads
    Sandwiches / wraps e.g. smashed chickpea+avocado
    Veggie burger with a side salad
    Rice+Beans+Veg

Any of the above are nice cold and easy to prepare. You could also just make a gazpacho in a blender and bring that with you in a nutribullet type thing.

I don't have a microwave in work and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for bringing vegetarian lunches to work that don't need to be

I don't have a microwave in work and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for bringing vegetarian lunches to work that don't need to be reheated?

I always cook enough, for my evening meal, so there’ll be enough left over for my lunch the next day.

So I put a portion into some Tupperware and bring it to work and have that for lunch.

I do like my food coldish so I never feel the need to reheat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

I recommend a food flask if you want hot food at lunch and don't have a microwave at work. I put food into mine at 6.15am and it's still pipping hot at 1pm for lunch!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

I recommend a food flask if you want hot food at lunch and don't have a microwave at work. I put food into mine at 6.15am and it's still pipping hot at 1pm for lunch!!

But that involves getting up early, I wanted this to be easy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

But that involves getting up early, I wanted this to be easy...

I don't think you need to get up any earlier to pop food into a microwave to heat it up and into a flask before you leave for work.....if anything it takes less time/effort that to make a fresh sambo!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I quite like salads in a jar, and you can have them made up well ahead of time. This link is a good intro, you don't need the annoying hipster jars, just any tall container.

https://hurrythefoodup.com/how-to-pack-a-salad-in-a-jar/

Basically dressing at the bottom, other "wet" ingredients like tomatoes closer to the bottom, greens at the top.

If you've a kettle at work you could try some instant porridge things. Aldi have a nice one. Flahavans have one but it's like a pot of sugar. Add some nut butter, bananas etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭Worztron

I always stick with my old favorite and dependable Peanut Butter & Strawberry Jam sandwiches on wholemeal bread. Delicious!

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I don't think you need to get up any earlier to pop food into a microwave to heat it up and into a flask before you leave for work.....if anything it takes less time/effort that to make a fresh sambo!!

I think they thought they had to get up at the same time as you :pac:

Advertisement