Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone please help?

Options
  • 07-02-2018 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi there,

I am 40 years old and I have just sold my business and would love to go back to college to become an Adult/Further Education Teacher. Or an Adult Literacy and Numeracy Teacher.

I have NO clue how to go about this and I keep reading conflicting information in my search.

I want to make sure I get this right as its going to cost me a lot of money and time to do.

I have the option of going back studying for 2 years to get a degree. Though what kind of degree do I need to achieve the ultimate goal of becoming a teacher with adults? A business degree? A general degree?

I genuinely have no clue where to start and would really appreciate some input.

I am from NI and my knowledge of the requirements here are limited.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

You could do a degree in adult and community education in Maynooth. There's also a BSc in Education in DCU which might suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭poster2525

Why don't you call into an adult education center and ask their advice about work opportunities. It might be the most sensible approach. You could speak to them about volunteering also and see do you like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭2011abc

Are you SURE you’ve weighed up the pros and cons ? You will never get a pension worth calling onevunless you work till you’re 85-90 .Even at that you will have paid in more than you get out .

Advertisement