Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VR Injuries

Options
  • 07-02-2018 2:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭

Has anyone being injured using a VR headset. I was playing GORN a while ago and managed to punch the wall.
    I'm kind of glad I hurt my knuckle and did not damage the controller 🀣🀣.

I'm presuming there has being some worse injuries.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Lots of cuts and bruises and grazes reported and unfortunately one fatality if the Russian Media is to be believed. Apparently some Russian dude tripped and fell through his glass coffee table fatally impaling/cutting himself on the glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I smashed my pendant light while playing Holoball on the PSVR. Thought the sound of glass smashing was an odd sound effect but I played on.

Took off the headset later to find place covered in glass and blood.

I've since replaced the pendant light with something hugging the ceiling.

Lesson learned: hear a strange sound effect? You've probably smashed the TV or a light :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Ran straight into a wall back in the early days, face first.wound up on my arse worrying id broken a brand new vive. there's a little spray of blood drops on my ceiling, I've busted my knuckles a few times so I presume it's from that. Ceiling light has taken some friendly fire.

I reckon most mishaps occur during the novice period

• Registered Users Posts: 12,307 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

no injuries but I've nearly burst a rib watching friends and family landing on their arse using it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Skerries wrote: »
    no injuries but I've nearly burst a rib watching friends and family landing on their arse using it :)

I on the other hand would burst a blood vessel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Skerries wrote: »

I got clocked by in the face with a controller by my brother while he was trying it for the first time, I was trying to keep him from whacking off a full length window, he forgot I was behind him

Same with the nephew, he decided to go full Raging Bull in the thrill of the fight and I had to stand behind him blocking swings that were going into windows etc.

Advertisement