Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driveway Entrance Piers/Pillars cost

Options
  • 06-02-2018 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hi.Just looking at rough costs to build two entrance pillars.I will be hanging wooden gates off them eventually but need cost of different options so first option just plastered block finish.Second would be with a limestone or similar brick finish or even brick cladding.Any suggestions.?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

What’s there at the moment?
    Is this an urban or rural set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭bazbrady

kceire wrote: »
    What’s there at the moment?
    Is this an urban or rural set up?

So its a rural setting.Currently a post a four rail fence with two large posts at the entrance but im just not happy or convinced the posts will hold a heavy wooden gate

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Planning required

BryanF wrote: »
    Planning required

Well i never got planning for the post and rail fence and removing trees at the front of the entrance.Surprised in a rural setting i would need planning for the entrance.?.

bazbrady wrote: »
    Well i never got planning for the post and rail fence and removing trees at the front of the entrance.Surprised in a rural setting i would need planning for the entrance.?.

Removing trees - no planning required.
    Post and rail fence - may not need Planning if under 1.2m in height.

Any alteration to a vehicle entrance does require planning though.

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »
    Removing trees - no planning required.
    Post and rail fence - may not need Planning if under 1.2m in height.

Any alteration to a vehicle entrance does require planning though.

Ok fair enough but the original question is not about planning.Its looking for a rough cost.

Ok fair enough but the original question is not about planning.Its looking for a rough cost.

Get 3 quotes and compare is the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Hi.Just looking at rough costs to build two entrance pillars.I will be hanging wooden gates off them eventually but need cost of different options so first option just plastered block finish.Second would be with a limestone or similar brick finish or even brick cladding.Any suggestions.?

why not replace existing posts with a 200 by 200 by 10 mm steel box section or similar, encased in good concrete foundation and clad in timber like existing.

Fence and post into block pier will look sh$$

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement