Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work time sheet to improve efficiency

Options
  • 06-02-2018 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

A number of staff on my team including myself were asked to log all of their daily activities for a week for the manager to analyse to improve efficiency. Wants everything written down from breaks to phone calls to emails etc etc..

Anyone any advice on this? Is it standard practice??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Geminigal wrote: »
    Anyone any advice on this? Is it standard practice??

Yes, it's quite normal. I don't see what the objection should be? sometimes it can be quite onerous though. Presently I only have to log a single 37.5 hours per week against a project, but in one place we had to log activity every 15 minutes. Somewhere in between, I'd log an hour each week against the task of actually logging my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭sidcon

Time and labour efficiency is standard in most work places.

It is very common where time is the biggest input and or where that time is billed out.

Advertisement