Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pioneer Power Meter stuck in ANT

Options
  • 06-02-2018 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

So, I picked up a well priced Pioneer dual leg power meter on eBay. (Minus the magnets or head unit). Just put it on my bike and it seems to be stuck in ANT more (as opposed to ANT+).

When I put the battery in, a green light stays on for ten seconds. When I press the switch on the drive side unit, nothing happens.

I emailed Pioneer who replied:

*The mode switch sequence is no longer supported via the button on the right side. This changed over a year ago when all power meters began to ship in ANT+ mode. In order to perform the switch over from Pioneer mode to ANT+ a Pioneer computer would be necessary.

I would recommend to try reaching out to a local shop in order to find a computer locally so they can switch the mode for you. If you are not able o locate a Pioneer computer locally the power meter would have to come in to our facility in CA so we can switch over to correct mode.*

The problem is folks, I live in Dublin and the Pioneer head units aren't exactly common here. Does anyone have ANY idea what to do??! (Without spending another e200 on a head unit??!), or can anyone loan me one for 2 minutes???!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,537 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

this thread title is going to confuse non-cycling types, who see it on the main boards page.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

How's the ant? And how did it get stuck there, did he "just fall on it doctor"?

(...sorry for the complete lack of any help in this post!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 klozzle

doozerie wrote: »
    How's the ant? And how did it get stuck there, did he "just fall on it doctor"?

(...sorry for the complete lack of any help in this post!)

Humour always helps!

Don't use Boards.ie too much so obvs posted it where I shouldn't have... I'll figure it out eventually!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,537 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

nah, it's in the right place - i was just musing on someone seeing it on the 'most recent posts' list on the main boards.ie page, who wouldn't have any context.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭nilhg

OP, Base2race seem to stock them, they may have a head unit, or know where you might get hands on one, maybe worth a call?

https://shop.base2race.ie/collections/types?constraint=pioneer&q=Power+Meter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Is your unit not older than a year though? In that case should the buttton press not work for you? The following is the sequence to change to ANT+:

1. take out both batteries and wait for 10 seconds
    2. insert right side battery --> confirm that the
    led goes green for 10
    seconds. Wait for the led to switch off
    3. insert left side battery --> confirm that the
    led goes green for 10

4. short push (1s) the right sensor switch --> if
    the sensors are ok then
    both led's should become green for approx 10
    seconds
    if the right led is flashing green and then red
    then there is a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 7 klozzle

Is your unit not older than a year though? In that case should the buttton press not work for you? The following is the sequence to change to ANT+:

1. take out both batteries and wait for 10 seconds
    2. insert right side battery --> confirm that the
    led goes green for 10
    3. insert left side battery --> confirm that the
    led goes green for 10

4. short push (1s) the right sensor switch --> if
    the sensors are ok then
    both led's should become green for approx 10
    seconds
    if the right led is flashing green and then red
    then there is a problem

Thanks, I reckon the last owner updated the firmware (with his headunit). This would have meant the operating is more or less the same as the newer units. So the older units just transmitted all of the pedaling information via ANT only and not ANT+.

Basically I get the green light when the battery is installed, and nothing happens when I press the button. If it was in ANT+ mode, the light would be orange.

I think that's how it works anyway. I haven't found much of use from anyone online in my scenario.

Advertisement