Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bagged almonds

Options
  • 06-02-2018 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭

Live North East Wicklow, looking for value in bags eg 1kg of loose almonds , b&m shop or online
    Thanks in advance!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Asian shops can sometimes have them cheap. Unsalted unroasted nuts are 0% vat. Sprinkle a suggestion of salt on them and its 23% VAT slapped on. The baking section in supermarkets can be cheapest, in my tesco you would find almonds in about 4-5 different locations.

Amazon can be good value as you can get free delivery if over £25. Sometimes it is free if just under £25 too.

If you want large amounts ask your local health store, they got me in big bags of grain before for a fraction of the price it would have cost to buy 500g bags.

doing a check there I can get free delivery on these 2 bags even though it is under £25
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004XJ72CI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00SYHMUYU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

now 1 of those is cheaper, so if you got 2 packs and something else small you would also get free delivery. It is not that much cheaper than tescos small bags though. You could be stuck with 2kg which are not that great.

Aldi & lidl can be cheap too, again check unsalted/unroasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Thanks for all that, lidl don't do them loose anymore, thus my post!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I thought the loose ones in lidl were more expensive per kg than bagged ones. The reports of kids playing with them would also put me off, cascading fistfuls of them like playing with sand.

Also in lidl the big bags are not always cheapest for nuts, the small tins of cashews are (or at least were) the cheapest per kilo. And the big bag is the exact same type & brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,803 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Dealz, Tesco, Nutsinbulk.ie, Holland&Barrett
    Same prices ~€12/kg

Advertisement