Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hit and run with a company vehicle

Options
  • 06-02-2018 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I was hit by a company vehicle while I was away and found a note with the registration number. I have made a report and was told by Garda in Waterford you'll probably receive nothing. I informed my insurance company but they have yet to follow up.

How and where do I go to start the process of compensation for the damages caused to my car?

More info: Intoxicated driver stole a Company van while the keys were in the ignition and ploughed into several cars in Waterford, mine included. I have the registration number and the name of the company. What is my next step?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Ritchiii wrote: »
    I was hit by a company vehicle while I was away and found a note with the registration number. I have made a report and was told by Garda in Waterford you'll probably receive nothing. I informed my insurance company but they have yet to follow up.

How and where do I go to start the process of compensation for the damages caused to my car?

More info: Intoxicated driver stole a Company van while the keys were in the ignition and ploughed into several cars in Waterford, mine included. I have the registration number and the name of the company. What is my next step?

Claim off your own or check mibi uninsured drivers.

Quite a pickle.

Hope the car isn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Why 2 threads ????

Why 2 threads ????

One it seems is onto their own insurance...

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Ritchiii

Claim off your own or check mibi uninsured drivers.

Quite a pickle.

Hope the car isn't too bad.

Wouldn't claiming from my own insurance cost me? It sounds counterproductive. Claim from my own insurance for damages caused by someone else only for my premium to go up?
    Am I correct in how that works?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Ritchiii

Why 2 threads ????

Explained below

• Advertisement

Ritchiii wrote: »
    Wouldn't claiming from my own insurance cost me? It sounds counterproductive. Claim from my own insurance for damages caused by someone else only for my premium to go up?
    Am I correct in how that works?

I would contact your own insurance anyway and obviously report what happened.

They can fix you up and get from other side if found liable etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Give the details to your insurance company and let them chase the other crowd up.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

The principle of 'insurers concerned' applies once the vehicle is identified which it is in this case. The insurance company who insurers ' the use of' the vehicle will handle the claim IIRC.

Advertisement