Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carpathian Madcap 2018

Options
  • 06-02-2018 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭

I am taking part in this year's edition of the Carpathian Madcap race (27th-29th July)

The idea is simple: there are 8 control points placed around the Tatra Mountains at the Polish/Slovakian border. You pick 7 and connect them in under 55h time. Start and finish is in Krakow.

It is up to the rider how to tackle it - either all road, MTB, gravel style, you name it.

Most routes I've seen are between 530 and 640km, with 9000-11000m elevation.

Also, many of the control points are places you can sleep or rest in.

Anyone interested? Direct Ryanair fare for 1 person + bike is currently 160e for the 25th July :) And Krakow is a great holiday destination either way, you can extend the stay!

More details:

http://szlakiidrogi.pl/karpacki-hulaka-2018/

crazy-eyed-dowhill-kids-bike.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Just to clarify- 'thanking' does not indicate interest in participating ;-)

POWODZENIA!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,489 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

colm18 wrote: »
    Just to clarify- 'thanking' does not indicate interest in participating ;-)

POWODZENIA!

Congratulations!! The millionth post across the 3 cycling forums (excluding those the mods have taken a hatchet to)

I have some hi-viz trouser clips somewhere if you wish to drop me your details. You can never have enough hi-viz :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Beasty wrote: »
    Congratulations!! The millionth post across the 3 cycling forums (excluding those the mods have taken a hatchet to)

I have some hi-viz trouser clips somewhere if you wish to drop me your details. You can never have enough hi-viz :)

Ha, brilliant! Surely however the millionth post deserves more...say my choice of one of your fleet? :P

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,489 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

colm18 wrote: »
    Ha, brilliant! Surely however the millionth post deserves more...say my choice of one of your fleet? :P
    My fleet of trouser clips - yes. You're already getting the best ones though....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Congratulations!! The millionth post across the 3 cycling forums

Seriously? Or is it just you Beasty?

If so, I take it as a sign of good fortune :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

Jaysus! Sagan has really let himself go over the winter!

crazy-eyed-dowhill-kids-bike.jpg

Jaysus! Sagan has really let himself go over the winter!
    :confused:
    I'd assumed it was Alek in one of his "better" moments

Advertisement