Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic insurance without a personal policy?

Options
  • 05-02-2018 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hi guys looking for some help.

I’m looking for a classic insurance policy that doesn’t require me to have a personal insurance policy on another car? I’m not trying to use the classic car as my main vehicle, I just have a company car without my own policy.

Any advice? Also I’m 24 which doesn’t make things easier.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

I got a classic policy with Campion last week. First time getting one so I had 20 questions for them and they could tell me everything. I would give them a bell and see what they say.

If you have some documentation of the company policy it would probably help.

Thought it was 25 but apparently 24 is ok. https://www.campionins.com/vintage-classic-insurance/

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭PonchoTron

I got a classic policy with Campion last week. First time getting one so I had 20 questions for them and they could tell me everything. I would give them a bell and see what they say.

If you have some documentation of the company policy it would probably help.

Thought it was 25 but apparently 24 is ok. https://www.campionins.com/vintage-classic-insurance/

Awesome I’ll give them a call tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

I have my classic insurance policy with allianz through first ireland brokers. it's my only car, and daily driver, but I am limited to 6000 miles a year.

Don't know how picky they are about new customers . All you can do is give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Skatedude wrote:
    I have my classic insurance policy with allianz through first ireland brokers. it's my only car, and daily driver, but I am limited to 6000 miles a year.

Interesting! I do less than 6k in my car. Be a long time waiting for an 18 year old Fiesta to be classed as a classic, though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Interesting! I do less than 6k in my car. Be a long time waiting for an 18 year old Fiesta to be classed as a classic, though...

Just 2 more years possibly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement