We've partnered up with to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from and get an exclusive discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Correcting Mocks

  • 05-02-2018 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26 ✭✭✭ shannongreen

    Hi guys, I am currently correcting for both DEB and Examcraft and wondering about tax? I am registered as a substitute but I rarely make more than 50 quid a week, I won't make much in the next few months. I know I have to register Examcraft and I'm guessing I'll have to register DEB? I am a medical card holder and earn very little per year so obviously want to avoid emergency text etc. Anyone know how to go about this?


  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭ dory

    You'll probably get taxed a load if you get two lump sums, and the you can claim the vast majority of it back. I usually wait til the end of the year and get a P21 balancing statement. You could also send the P45 to revenue and they'll sort you.

  • Registered Users Posts: 26 ✭✭✭ shannongreen

    Thanks! Yeah I'm expecting lump sums but my income is very low and its a one off payment. I'm hoping I won't get taxed much. I can't really wait until the end of the year to claim it..planning on using the money during the Summer.