Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carbon clinchers amp?

Options
  • 05-02-2018 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever heard of a wheel company called amp? Seen a pair of 50mm carbon amp wheels for what seems like a good deal. Front bearings need replacing by accounts and I'll be needing the free hub changed from shimano to campagnolo. Any had any experience with this manufacturer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Never heard of them and chances are they’re a Chinese wheel so you may have difficulty getting a Campagnolo freehub for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I remember Amp suspension MTB forks back in the early to mid 90s.

Hers a link to a review of a pair of Amp wheels.

http://road.cc/content/review/99245-amp-hoops-50mm-carbon-clincher-wheels

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭breanach78

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I remember Amp suspension MTB forks back in the early to mid 90s.

Hers a link to a review of a pair of Amp wheels.

http://road.cc/content/review/99245-amp-hoops-50mm-carbon-clincher-wheels
    Think I seen the pair for sale too, I’d stay away TBH, if you do buy a cam, cassette with work with shimano setup just fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

breanach78 wrote: »
    Think I seen the pair for sale too, I’d stay away TBH, if you do buy a cam, cassette with work with shimano setup just fine

Why would you stay away from them?

Spokes pitted badly and the rear spokes where the chain dropped looked compromised, plus there’s prob a reason they are priced at what they’re price at, that is if we’re on about the same set

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

+ If they're 2nd hand, there probably won't be any warranty with them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Advice taken on board. After asking for additional information and pictures. Will more than likely avoid

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    Advice taken on board. After asking for additional information and pictures. Will more than likely avoid
    Check out Planet X UK for deals on carbon wheels, both CL and TB, wiggle have nice own brand ones too, ðŸ‘

Advertisement