Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

27 year old first time insurance

Options
  • 05-02-2018 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

My mother is a named driver under her partners insurance I have a provisional licence and a 1.1 05 Peugeot 206. I am looking to get insured under her but the cheapest quote I have recieved so far is €2900. I cant use her no claims bonus as she is only a named driver under her partner.

Because I am over 26 I cant use drive save apps or boxymo any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ace_irl

Put yourself down as the main driver and add your mother as the second driver.

Try as many places as you can, I have always found the AA the cheapest since I started driving, but you might have issues with the car being 13 years old.

If you can't afford the full amount upfront, try getting a small loan for it over the year, the interest is cheaper, I think the normal interest on direct debit payments with the AA is around 15% credit union is around 9% depending on your local branch.

Try get your lessons and pass your test as quick as you can. But with an older car and no insurance history is is difficult and you have to just suck it up and pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 towntown

ace_irl wrote: »
    Put yourself down as the main driver and add your mother as the second driver.

Try as many places as you can, I have always found the AA the cheapest since I started driving, but you might have issues with the car being 13 years old.

If you can't afford the full amount upfront, try getting a small loan for it over the year, the interest is cheaper, I think the normal interest on direct debit payments with the AA is around 15% credit union is around 9% depending on your local branch.

Try get your lessons and pass your test as quick as you can. But with an older car and no insurance history is is difficult and you have to just suck it up and pay.

Got insured through a different company. Will send over details and payments tomorrow. Will I have actual insurance disc before the weekend?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Get your full license pronto. Things will get much easier if you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ace_irl

towntown wrote: »
    Got insured through a different company. Will send over details and payments tomorrow. Will I have actual insurance disc before the weekend?

I'm not sure, they should be able to advise you on how long it will take to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Demosthenes

towntown wrote: »

Any details on the quote you got and with who? New driver, 26 with a 05 1.4 Golf here, trying to navigate the scam artistry of Irelands car insurance industry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement