Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The AP bloodbath

Options
  • 05-02-2018 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭

Post leopardstown i am here looking at my 80 quid worth of AP NRNB bets, wat a waste of money they were. Will i ever learn. Yorkhill disaster. Faugheen disappointing. Espoir disaster. Our duke disappointing, etc etc etc etc.

Never doing AP bets again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭The Jman

Buveur dair, samcro and footpad to win any race is 5/1 with skybet, is that enough to tempt you to have another antepost bet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Post leopardstown i am here looking at my 80 quid worth of AP NRNB bets, wat a waste of money they were. Will i ever learn. Yorkhill disaster. Faugheen disappointing. Espoir disaster. Our duke disappointing, etc etc etc etc.

Never doing AP bets again.

Put it down to experience and be more weary in future. Very rarely do an antepost bet these days, hard to find any value.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Tend to avoid Ante-Post, did have an AP bet on the Welsh Grand National which got pulled out the morning before the rescheduled date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

I don't bet on the jumps.
    I'm surprised people have been betting on Cheltenham months in advance.
    It is tricky as often horses are entered in more than one race.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Lloyderz

I don't think ante post betting is as dead as people think. Just need to do your homework and be confident your horse will run in that race. And if he doesn't so be it. The perils of ante post.... I had death duty at 33/1 last year, I know he didn't win but he still lined up in AB and went off 9/4f. Similarly, this year I have Samcro in alot of bets at 4s and 8s. Samcro for instance was at one point, 14/1 to win any race at Cheltenham with PP. Have Footpad at 6s also.

I usually put on some small stakes for cheltenham during the summer, and tend to put more bets on before Leopardstown at Christmas. And couple NRNB accums between now and Cheltenham.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

The farce that is offering nrnb as early as January has ended ante post betting.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

In general I dont back ante post. However in specific races I think that ante post bets are not too bad.

I saw someone had 7/1 supasundae for the world hurdle. With positive vibes from connections and a definite target, it's a very good bet.

Backing novice hurdlers or chasers ante post can be problematic.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

handsfree2 wrote: »
    In general I dont back ante post. However in specific races I think that ante post bets are not too bad.

I saw someone had 7/1 supasundae for the world hurdle. With positive vibes from connections and a definite target, it's a very good bet.

Backing novice hurdlers or chasers ante post can be problematic.

On the world hurdle, this must be possibly the worst line up we'll ever see in that race this season. Awful standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Loads of value in AP NRNB if looking beyond head of markets.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Mr321

The Jman wrote: »
    Buveur dair, samcro and footpad to win any race is 5/1 with skybet, is that enough to tempt you to have another antepost bet :D

That concerns me more then tempts me.

If your into AP backing at decent odds so be it but favs AP prices tend to be bigger on the day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement