Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday Suggestions

Options
  • 05-02-2018 2:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Hey, I have seen another similar post on here but here's what I'm looking for.

I want to book a holiday for myself (I'm single) to somewhere not too far away. Within Europe I suppose.

I'm 26 single and will be going myself. I want to go somewhere with plenty gay bars to meet and chat to guys around my own age.

This is really all new to me so any advice welcome :-)

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

I've heard Manchester and Berlin are good for that.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Do you want a sun holiday or a city break? Europe may not be a huge Continent but there are a lot of choices.

If you want to stay in a city with a very big and vibrant gay scene, I'd suggest Amsterdam, Berlin, London, Paris and Barcelona.Most other European capital cities have a gay scene but these are considerably less developed in Eastern Europe. Avoid Russia as it is very homophobic.

If it's a sun/resort holiday, I'd suggest Sitges in Spain, Playa des Ingles on Gran Canaria, Ibiza, Mykonos in Greece.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Any budget limitations?

I went on a gay cruise last year. It's a load of money alright, and there went a year's savings on it.... :(
    I was "scared" of it, as it can be so in your face. Pretty much gay pride 24/7.

But boy, it was amazing. Not only I met a bunch of nice people, but also the ports of call. And the laughs! Seriously, best holiday ever.
    They are doing the Mediterranean this summer (Rome, Mykonos, Barcelona). But again, It's not cheap.

I should be rich to retire and travel... Sigh

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Op a bit more detail might get you better answers, for instance;

When are you going? (Month)
    For how long? (Weekend, Week, 2 Weeks)
    Approx budget? (Hostelworld, Radisson)
    Location flexibility (A single destination or hit up a few spots)
    JupiterKid wrote: »
    I'd suggest Amsterdam, Berlin, London, Paris and Barcelona.

Definitely agree on those 2 anyway
    JupiterKid wrote: »
    Most other European capital cities have a gay scene but these are considerably less developed in Eastern Europe

Prague has a spectacular gay scene, but agree many other Eastern European countries are slightly behind Western Europe in this regard (but catching up fast :))

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

I'm not long back from Benidorm, and you can't turn a corner in the old town without finding rainbow flags. It's incredibly LGBT friendly, though apparently I blended in so well someone felt the need to point out the fact that I was in a gay bar.

Yeah, the Irish do two kinds of t very well: The drinking kind, and me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Op a bit more detail might get you better answers, for instance;

When are you going? (Month)
    For how long? (Weekend, Week, 2 Weeks)
    Approx budget? (Hostelworld, Radisson)
    Location flexibility (A single destination or hit up a few spots)

Definitely agree on those 2 anyway

Prague has a spectacular gay scene, but agree many other Eastern European countries are slightly behind Western Europe in this regard (but catching up fast :))

Great to hear about Prague. When I was there back in 1999 the gay scene was pretty nonexistent and a bit underground.

Advertisement