Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get an insurance quote

Options
  • 03-02-2018 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

I'm a 37 year old woman (born in Ireland), I'm employed full time in an office and I'm driving a 162 diesel Dacia Stepway. I've had a full Irish license since 2008, and I've never had an accident/claim.
    Aside from Liberty - every insurance company that I've attempted to get a quote from online has given me a version of "No quotes are available"??!!
    What the hell is going on?
    Every year I sit down and go through all of the online companies to compare quotes, this has never happened on even one site! Is it possible to be blacklisted or something? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Talk to a broker.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,885 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

brigadoon wrote: »
    I'm a 37 year old woman (born in Ireland), I'm employed full time in an office and I'm driving a 162 diesel Dacia Stepway. I've had a full Irish license since 2008, and I've never had an accident/claim.
    Aside from Liberty - every insurance company that I've attempted to get a quote from online has given me a version of "No quotes are available"??!!
    Every year I sit down and go through all of the online companies to compare quotes, this has never happened on even one site! Is it possible to be blacklisted or something? :confused:

Sounds fishy. Did you ask them why? I'm sure they need to give you a reason.

I think there is an ombudsman or something you can query with, but others might fill you in better on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

It's nearly as easy to ring them for a quotation,it could be a long process on the phone, so get them to ring you back...

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

That's really very odd. Definitely talk to someone on the phone to find out why they aren't quoting. Are you sure there's nothing out of the ordinary?

If you can't get a quote, get 3 declinature letters and you can go to the declined cases committee to force someone to quote though its normally quite high

Edit, sorry just noticed that you said aside from liberty you can't get a quote. I'm assuming they are your current insurer so have given you renewal terms. If that is the case the declined cases isn't an option as you have a quote

• Registered Users Posts: 48 brigadoon

Something else that's really weird is that my own insurer wouldn't quote me online - I'm with it's4women.ie - but I finally managed to get a quote from 25plus who (according to Google) are underwritten by UK General Insurance Ltd. So are it's4women.ie. Are they just making stuff up as they go along? I'll be on to it's4women as soon as I can to see what nonsense this is!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

OP, What's your occupation? Quite often it is the description you pick is the problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

brigadoon wrote: »

When did you buy the car?

Was it since your last renewal?

It's possible that it's been flagged as been previously involved in some kind of incident (rated as been written off, involved in an MIBI claim etc) and that's what's stopping you getting quotes online.

If every insurer won't let you proceed and all other details are kosher - full licence, no claims, full NCD - then I can't see why there is a problem.

Or are you trying to include a young driver as a named driver?

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

OP, What's your occupation? Quite often it is the description you pick is the problem

True, at one stage my job title was sales administrator and they all thought I was a sales rep so the quotes went through the roof. They thought I was driving around all day when in reality I was doing sales for an app store so sat in front of a computer all day

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭beechwood55

Ring them.

Advertisement