Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ahem! It's Machida V Anders folks ;)

Options
  • 03-02-2018 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭

It's a dirty job but someone's gotta do it and sure this might be one of the few events ever where nobody will start a thread so apologies in advance if this offends anybody.

white feather was saying last weeks card hit an all time low on ratings, this won't be far behind.

fight past 12.30
    Prelims 1-3 main 3-6.30 bt sports 3

vfwieh.jpg

So machida v anders...erm I don't know If I'm being honest, anders a big step down from his last three of rock, romero, brunson but is he past it?
    It's hard to draw any encouragement from his fight v brunson, this is in brazil though
    You kinda wonder whey machida is such a huge underdog and I hope he retires if he loses this one.

The fight that interest me the most is santos v smith, santos is a killer but smith has so much heart that I think he could take santos if he can survive a first round onslaught similiar to when he fought lombard (rarely been happier seeing a fighter win)
    some of his lombards comment before the fight..Right now, this bum wants to fight? OK, I’ll fight you, whoever the f... you are.

“But you’re not at my level, that’s the reality of it.”

so yep and I hope he wins tonight, I'm going off track sorry.

joe daddy's wife is on the card, I suppose they need as many fighters as they can get with so many cards lately :o

Tim means is rarely in a bad fight, moraes is rarely in a good fight.

I don't know what else to say tbh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

shite card adding to the oversaturated tripe coming out of the ufc for the past 2-3yrs. No wonder last week's card was bad figures, this will be worse.

Have zero interest in it at all

Bit like soccer, i'll watch premiership games but no fcukin way am i gonna get up at 3am to watch Macclesfield vs Burton Albion

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I've seen worse cards sadly but I can probably count those on one hand.

quantity over quality these days and it's very sad to see and when there was only one card a month I so yearned for more...now it's the opposite.
    The sunday mornings where you sat there and had to have the living room to yourself and turned off your fone and missed nothing are replaced by sunday mornings where I fast forward a lot of fights or surf the net whilst it's on...nuff said.

The fertitta brothers and dw the only winners long term surely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

People keep forgetting that sometimes these type of cards provide the best entertainment. Just because it's not full of top 10 contenders doesn't mean it's going to be a bore fest.

Some of the most stacked cards have turned out to be dull and far too cagey affairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Whelo79 wrote: »
    People keep forgetting that sometimes these type of cards provide the best entertainment. Just because it's not full of top 10 contenders doesn't mean it's going to be a bore fest.

Some of the most stacked cards have turned out to be dull and far too cagey affairs.

I totally agree. I watch mma more in appreciation of the sport rather than to watch certain fighters.

Dont get me wrong a big fight on a big card is always exciting but the sport of mma entertains me either way

Whelo79 wrote: »

I agree with that and I often see great match ups (dogfights) in these cards with lesser known fighters.
    I don't see it this time bar 2/3 fights but I do hope I'm wrong.

It has to be said that there's nothing more disappointing that having a stacked card that fails to deliver, cards like this have delivered more often that cards that were stacked iirc and If they don't they it's half what one expects.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Shocking stuff from the ref there

mailburner wrote: »
    joe daddy's wife is on the card, I suppose they need as many fighters as they can get with so many cards lately :o

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭The White Feather

That celebration seemed to quite literally fall flat!!

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

That celebration seemed to quite literally fall flat!!
    Yeah, not really sure why he is asking for a bonus...

Good fight, means never in a bad one
    Hopefully gets a split/ud

• Advertisement

C'mon smith, ride out the storm.

Survive smith survive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Nice fight with a good finish!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,377 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

My god Valentina is unreal. As good as she’s looked in the octagon, and she didn’t even play to her own strengths.

The other girl was poor on the ground though, it’s no wonder Bullet took her down and kept her there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I like the entrance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

martyos121 wrote: »
    My god Valentina is unreal. As good as she’s looked in the octagon, and she didn’t even play to her own strengths.

The other girl was poor on the ground though, it’s no wonder Bullet took her down and kept her there.

Seen rose talking about Valentinas ground game on JRE. Said she was massively underrated. Should really have been TKO stopped before the sub though.

Is it just me or has the pacing been even worse tonight??? Started at 12.30 and just now has started a potential five round fight. God damn fox, God damn Ufc, God damn time zones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Who is the banshee in the crowd - she needs a slap - shurrup ye tick!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,377 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

ardinn wrote: »
    Who is the banshee in the crowd - she needs a slap - shurrup ye tick!!

Eddie Alvarez must have sent his wife down to Brazil for a holiday. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,610 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

martyos121 wrote: »

230 strikes vs 3 or something. 200 unanswered. Should've been stopped early into round 2. Ref missed her tapping the first time aswell. Turns out Cachoeira did her ACL and meniscus early in round 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

The tap he missed was ambiguous, she did the "brazilian tap" thing, short tap and hold, hoping they loosen it and the ref doesn't see. Once she clrarly tapped he stopped it.

Should it have been stopped earlier, probably.

Is Dana White being an utter bellend as usual, definitely.

• Advertisement
Advertisement