Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for first timer (24 years old)

Options
  • 03-02-2018 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

So learners licence arrived yesterday, Iv been ringing around to get quotes on a 03 golf sdi, 1.9L. and can't seem to get a single quote online or ringing them. Can't afford to get another car and don't have anyone else that can insured on the car either. any suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Wheelman2

MinniexD wrote: »
    So learners licence arrived yesterday, Iv been ringing around to get quotes on a 03 golf sdi, 1.9L. and can't seem to get a single quote online or ringing them. Can't afford to get another car and don't have anyone else that can insured on the car either. any suggestions
    No chance on getting insurance for that. I have a full licence and no ncb or past experience driving. I got a quote from axa for 2930 Euro with the drivesave app for a Volkswagen polo 1.2.
    If you have past driving experience that's very important. I got a quote from Liberty for 5000 and If I had 1 year named driver experience it would bring it down to 2000

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

1.9L gofl?, sorry but forget it. you need a 1L or so such as Yaris etc. Sucks, but it's what you need for the first few years and until you get your full licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭selectamatic

What you really need is a full licence. Maybe get insured on a parents car till you pass the test?
    Aviva do a good offer on an insurance/lesson package on a parents car.

Also you don't need a 1.0L but you most likely will need something newer than a 2003 golf.

Some 1 litres are actually pretty dear insure relatively speaking, it all depends on the car and the only way you'll know is by getting quotes on any potential purchase. Something around 2008 or newer would be best.

Advertisement