Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up my brothers Xbox using my own Xbox live account

Options
  • 03-02-2018 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if I used my own Xbox live account to setup and download patches and updates would it cause him any issues in the future or would it be ok?
    My brother doesn't have an Xbox live account yet and setting one up is proving to be a pain. So I was thinking download my own profile and download updates and patches and delete it and he could set up his own Xbox account later. Would that cause any problems for him or would that be ok?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

quinnd6 wrote: »
    I was wondering if I used my own Xbox live account to setup and download patches and updates would it cause him any issues in the future or would it be ok?
    My brother doesn't have an Xbox live account yet and setting one up is proving to be a pain. So I was thinking download my own profile and download updates and patches and delete it and he could set up his own Xbox account later. Would that cause any problems for him or would that be ok?

There's a thing called game sharing, which is designed for sharing games/Xbox Live between family members. Here's Microsoft's own set up page for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Not really interested in setting up game sharing yet just want to download some updates for him. So if I sign in to my account his Xbox 360 will become my home Xbox 360. That's a balls I don't want that to happen as it's his.
    I won't do that so.
    He'll just have to set it up himself so then.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

quinnd6 wrote: »
    Not really interested in setting up game sharing yet just want to download some updates for him. So if I sign in to my account his Xbox 360 will become my home Xbox 360. That's a balls I don't want that to happen as it's his.
    I won't do that so.
    He'll just have to set it up himself so then.

Ah, if it's 360, then the Game Sharing thing doesn't apply anyway. He's better off setting it up himself then.

Advertisement