Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Onkyo TX-NR575E and Speakers

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I’d make my mind based on the subwoofer, all those speakers should be set to small and let the sub handle the low frequencies, can that sub handle 7 small speakers? I’m assuming you are going 5.1.2 Atmos

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

slave1 wrote: »
    I’d make my mind based on the subwoofer, all those speakers should be set to small and let the sub handle the low frequencies, can that sub handle 7 small speakers? I’m assuming you are going 5.1.2 Atmos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure if I fully understand you though (my fault cause my experience with AVRs is very limited). The woofer is SKW-538 BASS REFLEX POWERED SUBWOOFER. Specs are here (in fact the specs of all my current speakers are here):

http://www.eu.onkyo.com/downloads/1/4/6/0/4/Manual_HT-S5305_HTP-538_En.pdf

So I don't know if the sub can handle 7 small speakers. I'd be grateful if you might advise please.

Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Sure just try it, I don't have that Onkyo but in most AV Receivers these days you have to tell it whether your speakers are large e.g. floorstanders or small e.g. like yours.
    If you set them to large then the Receiver will direct low frequency sounds to them as they should be able to reproduce.
    If you set them to small then the Receiver will direct the low frequency sounds to the sub instead as the speakers are not capable of reproducing these sounds.

Set them to small and see if you are happy with the sound....then try them set to large and this will help you make up your mind....

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

the speakers you have are rated 6ohms nominal so no issue with your new amp, and the sub is powered so no issues there either. often the speakers that come with all in one kits are muck and designed only to work with the unit they come with, and can fry another amp if you use them with something else

all that is to say if i were you i'd keep your existing speakers, and buy the atmos add ons. the new set you linked to is unlikely to be any improvement over what you have so why spend more money for at best the same result?

Advertisement