Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asthma

Options
  • 02-02-2018 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi,

I've had quite a bad cough and I have been finding it hard to breathe for a few weeks now. I went to the doctor twice about it, he gave me antibiotics first, now tablets that treat asthma. I don't have asthma (I told him that, he asked did was I asthmatic or did I use an inhaler, I'm not and I don't ), but he said they would help with the breathing. Has anyone been experiencing anything similar,or is asthmatic? What has helped you?

I'm not looking for medical advice, I just would like people's viewpoints on what has helped them. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Do you smoke?Is your house damp? Do you suffer from dust mite allery?
    What were the tablets- antihistamines?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

My mother isn't asthmatic, but once or twice in the past when she's had a particularly bad chest infection or bronchitis her doctor has prescribed an inhaler for her as a short term measure to work with whatever other drugs she was prescribed, so perhaps your GP is doing something similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Nebulizers are a type of medical device that helps in the treatment process faster rather than pills because they are capable of delivering even the small atomized particles directly to the lungs. These devices are mainly used to treat respiratory diseases like asthma and others. Nebulizers take liquid medicines as input and form a mist that is produced as output that you can inhale through a facemask or mouthpiece.

I had Asthma for 30 years. Many different preventers over that time.
    Always had to take the ventolin 4 or 5 times a day.
    New doc put me on seretide about 7 years ago.
    I havent taken had to take the ventolin in 6 years, and gave up the seretide then 4 years ago.

Advertisement