Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Premier League Darts - Weekly Prediction Table

Options
  • 02-02-2018 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭

The table after week 1 is below. A few started a bit like Rob Cross last night and didn't get into their stride but there is a long way to go.

Good night of darts and nice to see a few new faces providing the entertainment in the PL.

Winner of Week 1 - Bob Harris

Week 2 next Thursday from Cardiff.

If there are any mistakes let me know and I'll update the table.

League_table_after_Week_1.jpg

Just for interest the bonus point category results were:

Highest Average: Whitlock 106.49
    Lowest Average: Anderson 82.46
    Highest Checkout: Whitlock 160
    Most 180s: Gurney 5
    Least 180s: Suljovic and Cross 1 Each

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Cross continues to struggle. Wright gets the better of MvG. The PDC have 'Wright stuns MvG' as their headlne. Wright is number 2 in the world. Hardly that much of a shock. Suljovic gave Barney a run for his money and hit another 100+ avg while Gerwyn Price had his arse handed to him in front of a subdued home crowd by Anderson who just went about his business.

Below is the table for week 2.

Winner of week 2: Bob Harris with 5
    Ultimate, Statto, Andrew, Raiders, Kingp all got 4.

Highest Average: Suljovic 102.55
    Lowest Average: Cross 87.74
    Highest Checkout: MvG 170
    Most 180s: Anderson 5
    Least 180s: Whitlock 0

Sin_t_tulo.jpg

3 out 3 for Whitlock and Smith. Wright was a bit cross with Cross for reasons unknown. Gurney played some great darts before an almost customary wobble to let Price back in who hit some great finishes. MvG was too hot for Anderson although he still managed to get the highest average and finish of the night.

Winner of week 3 is Ultimate Seduction with 8 and in second Whaaames with 7.

Highest Average: Anderson 110.79 (MvG 110.62)
    Lowest Average: Suljovic 91.15
    Highest Checkout: Anderson 170
    Most 180s: MvG 7
    Least 180s: Smith Suljovic 0

league_table_week_3.jpg

Berlin didn't exactly take anyone's breath away. German fans must have been wondering what all the excitement was about. No drama at all or really good darts until Anderson and Wright took to the stage. Gurney's made no impression on MvG while RvB was doing impressions of a sad puppy or a slapped arse. Suljovic topped the averages again and Whitlock and Smith produced something more akin to a basement dogfight instead of a top of the table clash.

Well done to this weeks winner Fine Ale with 7 followed by Paulie with 6 as Ultimate Seduction takes over the top position.

After 4 weeks not one person has yet predicted the highest avg. Suljovic with 2, Whitlock one and Anderson the other.

Highest Average: Suljovic 106.2
    Lowest Average: Whitlock 85.6
    Highest Checkout: Anderson 150
    Most 180s: Smith Anderson 5
    Least 180s: RvB 0

League_table_week_4.jpg

I didn't see a dart that was thrown last night as I was throwing them myself. The stand out result being Mensur having another great night and embarrassing Peter Wright a bit.

This weeks winner is Kingp35 with 6 followed by BoomDocker, Andrew90 and Ultimate seduction with 5 which sees him retain top spot.

Highest Av Suljovic 103.01
    Lowest G Price 89.01
    Highest Check out 121 Cross & Barney
    Most 180's Cross 5
    Least 180's Price 0

league_table_week_6.jpg

A second 7-1 defeat for Peter Wright in the PL would suggest all is not well. He was beaten 6-0 by Anderson last weekend and was out early in the UK open. He doesn't seem the same player since the op he had before the worlds. Mensur's form is up and down like the price of bitcoin. Price roared at MvG who roared back louder and did what he always does against the boyo from Wales and beat him easily. Ando and Barney had a decent battle as did Whitlock and Gurney with the former surely cursing himself for missing 3 darts at double for the win.

Highest Av MVG 104.8
    Lowest Wright 82.91
    Highest Check out 152 MvG
    Most 180's Barney & Gurney 4
    Least 180's Wright 0

Joint winners this week are Paulie and Bob Harris with 9 and Andrew90
    next with 6 for the week.

The updated table is below with yours truly reclaiming top spot.

League_table_Week_7.jpg

• Advertisement

Another night that I didn't get to see any of the matches but judging by the scorelines there wasn't much to get excited about. Another 7-1 defeat for Wright, his third in a row with an 88 average to boot is worrying for him.
    Largely predictable otherwise with MvG, Ando, Cross all taking comfortable wins it looks like and Suljovic continues on his one week good one week bad streak meaning Gurney finally got a win.

There is a three way tie for for this weeks crown with Boomdocker, Ultimate Seduction and Raiders all scoring 9. The lowest score this week was a 5 which was still 4/5 correct predictions so a good scoring week all round.

Highest Average Whitlock 104.13
    Lowest Average Wright 88.18
    Highest Check out MvG 148
    Most 180's Anderson 6
    Least 180's Wright Price Smith 0

If anyone is interested you can get all the official stats from here: http://live.dartsdata.com/

League_Table_Week_8.jpg

Below is the table after week 9. An off week from Ultimate S has let Paulie into second place and I took full advantage taking this weeks prize with 10 points followed by FineAle on 9 and KingP35 and Whaaames one back on 8.
    MvG for only the second time so far tops the averages and Price confirmed his status as the PL whipping boyo with the lowest average and not so much as a 180 to show for himself.

League_table_week_9.jpg

The only real taking point last night was the death of Eric Bristow who is gone at only 60 years of age. A founding member of the PDC and probably darts first household name. RIP.

On the dartboard the only thing more surprising than Barney's 7-0 drubbing was Price's 76 average. Unless he goes on to have a decent year there's not a hope of him being invited back. MvG looked like a man possessed hitting a 106 avg despite only 7/24 on the doubles and him beating Suljovic meant Wright and Gurney could have a bit of a practice in the last match.

This weeks joint winners are Whaaames and Porthallian with 8 each and followed by Paulie 21 and Bob Harris on 7.

Highest Average MvG 106.34
    Lowest Average Price 76.94
    Highest Check out Whitlock 164
    Most 180's MvG 10
    Least 180's Price 0

League_table_after_Week_10.jpg

Barring a mid-match resurgence from Smith before a 43 and a 48 gave him no chance of claiming a draw it was a very poor night of PL darts. Most disappointing of all was Barney who was doing his spoiled child impression and
    you'd have to say he did a very fine job of it. 4 out of 9 predicted he'd have the lowest average of the night against Wright and so it proved and he was overwhelmingly predicted to lose both his matches which goes to show how little faith most people have in him anymore.

Wright in 18 legs of darts didn't hit 1 maximum and while he wouldn't agree you'd wonder if changing his darts so often is the best way to go.

This weeks winner is new entry TBL with 10 points including 3 correct scores. All the more impressive was that they were the only 3 correct scores of the night!
    Time will tell whether he'll be more of a Rob Cross or a Kirk Shepherd. Second was raiders on 7 who had a clean sweep of the predictions as did Boomdocker.

Highest Average Cross 106.26
    Lowest Average RvB 86.78
    Highest Check out RvB 158
    Most 180's Gurney 5
    Least 180's Wright 0 v Anderson & RvB RvB 0 vs Wright

League_Table_week_11.jpg

Below is the table after the first night in Rotterdam. There was some high scoring on the stage, not so in the predictions with Raiders leading the way on 7 followed by Porthallian and Kingp35 on 5.

After last nights games if anyone wants to edit their predictions for tonight go ahead and do so. After scoring 1 I should probably do so myself.

Highest Average: Anderson 109.91 v Smith
    Lowest Average: Whitlock 89.49
    Highest Check out: MvG 148
    Most 180's: 4 anderson v smith MvG Barney Cross v Gurney
    Least 180's: Smith 0

league_table_week_12.jpg

• Advertisement

A couple of decent enough nights in Rotterdam where Barney certainly feels more at home and you could say the same for Anderson who was in great form over the two nights hitting a 109 average on both nights. MvG looked like a man who was probably trying too hard to impress the home fans. Whitlock unsurprisingly has become a practice game for the other players. Against Gurney in particular his scoring was pretty poor with a lot darts so far from the triple bed it looked like he was throwing for singles.

Last night's winner was Fine Ale the only one to predict a correct score on 7 followed by Boomdocker with 6.

Highest Average: Anderson 109.73
    Lowest Average: Whitlock 85.28 vs Gurney
    Highest Check out: Anderson 170
    Most 180's: Smith 6
    Least 180's: Whitlock 1 vs Gurney

League_table_week_13.jpg

A few less than expected results. no surprise Smith beat Wright but not too many expected another 7-1 defeat. Even less expected was a 7-5 win for Whitlock over Anderson. MvG scraped a draw with Gurney and Cross had to win the last leg for the same result against Barney which means the dour dutchman misses out on the play offs. 7-1 for MvG in the last match might make you think he played his best darts but only managed a 94.76 avg and for the first time in 36 PL matches it was less than 100.

Poor enough scoring in the comp too. Ultimate Seduction wins the week with 6 and the less said about the rest the of us better.

Highest Average: MvG v Gurney 104.96
    Lowest Average: RvB 94.02
    Highest Check out: Gurney 156
    Most 180's: MvG 5 v Gurney
    Least 180's: Wright 1

League_Table_week_14.jpg

MvG hit a 111 avg last night and gave Rob Cross no chance and took top spot again. He looks like a fella still very sore over losing the semi's at the WC's. Wright did the expected against Whitlock, Gurney got yet another draw which I think makes it 7 in 15 PL matches.
    Last up was Ando who was poor against a resurgent Barney who looks to have found some form again.

Bob was this weeks winner with 9 with Fine Ale in second on 8. Everyone else was a bit of a way back on 2's and 3's.

Highest Average: MvG 111.57
    Lowest Average: Whitlock 90.68
    Highest Check out: Gurney 167
    Most 180's: Gurney 6
    Least 180's: Wright

Next week it's Aberdeen before finals night the week after.

League_Table_week_15.jpg

I just deleted what I'd written by mistake so here's the summary:

Weekly winners Kingp35, Paulie21 and Bob Harris on 4.
    3 correct scores all for Wright v Gurney. Not one correct prediction and everyone had MvG for highest avg.

Highest Avg MvG 100.41
    Lowest Avg Gurney 88.05
    Highest Checkout RvB 126
    Most 180's Cross 5
    Least 180's MvG 1

League_table_week_16.jpg

That’s it for another year.

MvG wins again. He had Cross at arms length for most of the semi final and never gave Smith a chance. You’d suspect that with Anderson in the final it might not have been so one sided but he wasn’t at his best against Smith who played really well to be fair.
    In the final MvG was playing his own game trying to register an astronomical average and was trying too hard in the end only managing 112.37 and 68.75% on the doubles. If you’re going to throw that kind of muck then why even bother?

From a spectators perspective there’s something lacking in the PL and it seems the league format just doesn’t get the juices flowing. I missed half of the nights and the other half I probably caught the last two games. Attendences seem to have dropped a bit and general interest seems to have too.
    A lot of one sided games and I’m sure Barry Hearn and his mates will be aware of this and hopefully looking to spice it up a bit.

Highest Avg MvG 106.4
    Lowest Avg Anderson 95.35
    Highest checkout MvG 128
    Most 180’s MvG 9
    Least 180’s Anderson Cross 5

Final average combined Over 200 112.37 + 97.01
    Winners double %age 68.75% (I didn’t even give the option!)
    Ton plus finishes in the final 3 (2 for Smith 1 for MvG)

This weeks winner was Paulie21 with 10 points.

The winner of this year’s comp is Bob Harris so I’ll present myself with a big trophy and spray myself with champagne later when I get the chance.

Well done to everyone who participated and thanks for doing so. Hopefully we’ll do it all again next year.

League_Table_Week_17.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Nice work Bob. I was a late entrant but very much enjoyed it, and thanks for compiling all the scores
    Agree that there's something lacking in the PL, hopefully next year will be an improvement

• Registered Users Posts: 17,793 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Well done on the win Bob and thanks for running it all year

Advertisement