Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance renewal question

Options
  • 01-02-2018 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

My current insurance is almost up and unfortunately I won't get to ride the bike till late april or early may due to work so for renewing how much time can
    you delay for so you wont loose your NCB etc ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Two years is the usual amount I think. Some companies may have different times bit I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mamax

Thanks lads it won't cost me to delay it a bit then, 6 month insurance deals would be brilliant for those of us that can't ride all year round

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Colm17RvB

2 years is generally regarded as the minimum for experience in your own name,
    6 months for named driving experience.
    mamax wrote: »
    Thanks lads it won't cost me to delay it a bit then, 6 month insurance deals would be brilliant for those of us that can't ride all year round

Why? Is your bike not a protectable asset of yours when you're not riding?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mamax

Colm17RvB wrote: »
    2 years is generally regarded as the minimum for experience in your own name,
    6 months for named driving experience.

Why? Is your bike not a protectable asset of yours when you're not riding?

Don't worry it's very well protected at all times ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement