Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rough cost of building a Small First home

Options
  • 01-02-2018 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭

Hi everyone,
    Ive been searching the housing market for a few months now for my first home and it seems to be at a bad time as the prices are rising constantly. Theres something wrong with every house I see that prevents me from buying it as a first home. So Ive been thinking about building. I have a site already that I can use thats in the family, its small at just about 145 sq feet and already has a small garage and shop that would need to be demolished. I was thinking of building a small two story house in place of it like the image I have attached, this would be just the right size for the site and I would also be able to park the car in the side. What do you think roughly would be the cost of demolishing whats there and building something like the image attached?housepan.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,059 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Designator wrote: »
    I have a site already that I can use thats in the family, its small at just about 145 sq feet
    Is there a zero missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Designator

Lumen wrote: »
    Is there a zero missing?
    actually i calculated wrong, the site is 9m by 9m so about 870 square feet area

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Where is the site?

BryanF wrote: »
    Where is the site?

Cork county

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

https://www.scsi.ie/advice/house_rebuilding_calculator
    Say 900 sq foot site.
    so 600 sq foot usable gross,

As it was a garage you may need some EPA related work to ensure site not contaminated with engine oil etc

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement

https://www.scsi.ie/advice/house_rebuilding_calculator
    Say 900 sq foot site.
    so 600 sq foot usable gross,

As it was a garage you may need some EPA related work to ensure site not contaminated with engine oil etc

It wasn’t a garage in that sense, it’s a small one car garage for parking with a small shop beside it

Advertisement