Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Location for JCT Subject Cluster Days

Options
  • 01-02-2018 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Does anyone else think the locations for the JCT subject cluster days are a complete joke? I get the bus to school at the moment and it take me the best part of an hour to get to work. I live in South Dublin City and work in North Dublin City. My History cluster day is in Balbriggan. It's going to take me the guts of 2 hours to get there in the morning and the same back. Can they really not manage to have another history cluster day in Dublin city? It's not like they'd be struggling for numbers.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I know of one guy who teaches in Wexford and had his cluster day in Dublin. Madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Staff from our school recently had to travel cross cork city to a school with very limited parking- because mnamy had to go via the tunnel when they weren't used to it they couldn't judge the time/traffic and either ended up ridiculously early (least they got parking) or very late with no parking available panic driving around looking for a spot eventually had to ring the school to be told about the parking 10 min walk away. Beyond frustrating. Schools should be able to accommodate the crowd at the very least. School I was in was freezing to the point we all had our coats on after break. Ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

I travel 30km to work, had to travel 60km to the cluster day. Ridiculous when there was one being held 10km from my home but not when my school was closed for our cluster. Locations are rediculous imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

solerina wrote: »
    I travel 30km to work, had to travel 60km to the cluster day. Ridiculous when there was one being held 10km from my home but not when my school was closed for our cluster. Locations are rediculous imo.

Did you get milage?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Shaungoater

Did you get milage?

Mileage if you travel more than 32km round trip from the school or home, whichever closer AFAIK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Did you get milage?

Yes, for half the journey as the first half was in the direction of my school. 0.1692 for km...I will be rich :rolleyes:

Advertisement