Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VR :What are you playing at the moment:

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Res Evil is the next big game on my backlog to play (I got about 2 hours into it but then predictably got caught up in something else)... gonna try to complete a few smaller ones first, will update here once I'm on them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

Subnautica.

Its a really relaxing, chilled out game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

mrcheez wrote: »
    Res Evil is the next big game on my backlog to play (I got about 2 hours into it but then predictably got caught up in something else)... gonna try to complete a few smaller ones first, will update here once I'm on them

I doubt ill be trying it even when it comes out on Oculus Home. I already noped out of Killing Floor Incursion after a few minutes and havent been back yet. A 44 year old man turned into a nervous wreck by a videogame! :D

Calibos wrote: »
    I doubt ill be trying it even when it comes out on Oculus Home. I already noped out of Killing Floor Incursion after a few minutes and havent been back yet. A 44 year old man turned into a nervous wreck by a videogame! :D

I was shaking after playing Dreadhalls on the Rift... never had a game do that to me before, and that was after playing Resi !

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

Played Dirt VR on psvr last night for the first time. Superb stuff. I didn’t realise you could race against other cars on a track until I saw there was rally cross, but I think there’s only three tracks.

I have a logitech g29 wheel attached to an ironing board as a temporary setup but I have to get a playseat challenge now.

• Advertisement

zac8 wrote: »
    Played Dirt VR on psvr last night for the first time. Superb stuff. I didn’t realise you could race against other cars on a track until I saw there was rally cross, but I think there’s only three tracks.

I have a logitech g29 wheel attached to an ironing board as a temporary setup but I have to get a playseat challenge now.

Did you get that ironing board idea from me? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

Did you get that ironing board idea from me? :)

Must have been you because I think I read it on boards! Genius :)

Only downside I find is that it slips on my tile floor when I push hard on the wheel. Must look at weighing it down somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Playing Solo on Onward at the moment. Heard great things about it for over a year but was turned off by my quick try of Pavlov and BAM, one of which I refunded and one of which I got on sale for €6. The free weekend persuaded me to try it and I'm glad I did. Now I see why people raved about the locomotion mechanic where movement direction is tied to where the non dominant hand is pointing while you can look or point the gun one handed anywhere independently with the dominant hand. No VR sickness for me at all which is a first for smooth locomotion VR FPS's for me. I also see why they love their retractable cable lanyards from the ceiling and gunstocks. I'll be buying those. The game style also suits me. I gave up Monitor FPS's back in 2009 because I was sick of the unrealistic running speeds and bunny hopping etc. I'm going to learn the weapon mechanics and the maps before venturing online as I hear the player base can be very serious about their sessions and some can even be toxic to newbs, so I want to be able to join multiplayer without needing my hand held.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

*Trying* to play FO4VR on the Rift. Constantly ending up with my back to the bloody sensors. I'll have to set them up for 360.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I tried liking fallout in VR but something just doesn't click with me, mind you I'm not a fan of the post apocalyptic setting.

Onward is good, if a little fiddly. Pavlov is crazy fun.

These day's I'm playing Tales of Glory, its a one man studio effort and fairly rough at the edges, but its basically Mount and Blade VR. If that alone is not a recommendation then I don't know what is. The last update allowed you to lower your visor, so it limits your vision which adds to the immersion in a very strange way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

Bambi wrote: »

These day's I'm playing Tales of Glory, its a one man studio effort and fairly rough at the edges, but its basically Mount and Blade VR.

I just read this and have to go to work :( I love Mount and Blade, I still play it regularly. This game just went to top of my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

pcuser wrote: »
    I just read this and have to go to work :( I love Mount and Blade, I still play it regularly. This game just went to top of my list.

It actually lets you play as a mounted knight in some of the maps, though the poor horsey tends to get cut to bits.

I always disable the archers, they're just a pain in the hole :mad:

Tonight it's: Affected - The Manor (Oculus Rift)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Been playing Gorn , which is feckin' ridiculously violent but insanely fun.
    possibly NSFL
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CaGPLxemJw

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm enjoying Drive Club VR ATM, more so than GT Sport.
    The Battlefront XWing mission is amazing, just a pity it's just the one scene.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm enjoying Drive Club VR ATM, more so than GT Sport.
    The Battlefront XWing mission is amazing, just a pity it's just the one scene.

Did you get the wheel out? ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Did you get the wheel out? ;)

No, turns out its not compatible :(
    And I'm not investing in another, not yet anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

At the moment since I got the Logitech G920 (also for the Xbox One X) been playing mostly driving games. Dirt Rally, Assetto Corsa, American & European Truck Simulators.

Gave my dad a go of the truck simulator when he visited and he's addicted to the game. He refuses to use any games involving movement after his first experience :D:D

Advertisement