Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must have Games/Apps

Options
  • 01-02-2018 10:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭

Would it be ok to start a "Must Have" thread. A bit like the android "Must Have Apps"?

Im pretty new to VR and to be honest there seems to be somewhat of an information overload when searching online for apps and games to buy. A lot of them are also regional.

EG. Doge just posted a thread about watching VR moves and mentioned BigScreen from the Steam Store. I had never heard of it.

What other apps/games do people think are a must?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

pcuser wrote: »
    Would it be ok to start a "Must Have" thread. A bit like the android "Must Have Apps"?

Im pretty new to VR and to be honest there seems to be somewhat of an information overload when searching online for apps and games to buy. A lot of them are also regional.

EG. Doge just posted a thread about watching VR moves and mentioned BigScreen from the Steam Store. I had never heard of it.

What other apps/games do people think are a must?

What platform?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

mrcheez wrote: »
    What platform?
    I have the Oculus Rift. But maybe it could be split between Vive, Rift and PSVR

Hmm this could be a huge list so I'll start with 2 games I recommend if you want to be scared ****less.

PSVR - Res Evil 7 (honourable mention for don't knock twice)

PCVR - Dreadhalls

My favourite apps of all at the moment are Racket Fury and Eleven on the Rift ( but only if you like table tennis)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

This application works with any game that runs on SteamVR: TurnSignal http://store.steampowered.com/app/689580/TurnSignal/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,307 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

a game that I picked up in one of the indiegala vr bundles is Fancy Skiing and is great as a show case for friends but not worth full price

btw do check indiegala for the bundles as I have over 200 vr games because of it but a lot of it dross but you can find some gold

• Advertisement

Skerries wrote: »
    a game that I picked up in one of the indiegala vr bundles is Fancy Skiing and is great as a show case for friends but not worth full price

btw do check indiegala for the bundles as I have over 200 vr games because of it but a lot of it dross but you can find some gold

Looks a bit like Sprint Vector (except not multi platform)?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/590690/Sprint_Vector/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The two games I've played on Oculus so far that have been suitably 'now THAT'S impressive' are Rez Infinite and Superhot VR.

The former almost doesn't need explanation. Zone X feels like the ultimate realisation of the vision Tetsuya Mizuguchi had almost two decades ago.

Superhot VR is sharply designed, intense and perfect VR length. I was a little bit disappointed by the main game, but the VR version feels like a perfect realisation of the idea. Hurling objects in user-controlled slo-mo just comes into its own when you're fully immersed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Well BigScreen gets my vote obviously, its free, its really immersive and being able to share your screen with friends is really cool.

When the resolution improves in headsets real cinemas better beware!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

DEO Player on Oculus - finally a decent player that just does what it needs too.

Advertisement