Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JT Motorcycles Innishannon,Cork

Options
  • 31-01-2018 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here dealt with JT himself?

I have chatted with him before and he’s bang on from what I’ve gathered.

My question is, if I put down a deposit on a bike, 90% of the total cost, does he issue a receipt for that?

I’ve never heard a bad word against him so that must be good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I bought a bike off him a few years ago and would again. He's flipping a lot of high end bikes these days and he's weathered the recession so I doubt he's going anywhere, if that's your concern. If it's an older bike, I'd say don't spend too long waiting for the white-glove 5 star main dealer service!!

I don't think see the point of giving him such a big deposit though? A few hundred would secure any bike down there, I'm sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

cantdecide wrote: »
    I bought a bike off him a few years ago and would again. He's flipping a lot of high end bikes these days and he's weathered the recession so I doubt he's going anywhere, if that's your concern. If it's an older bike, I'd say don't spend too long waiting for the white-glove 5 star main dealer service!!

I don't think see the point of giving him such a big deposit though? A few hundred would secure any bike down there, I'm sure.

Been down there several times over the years with the brother and sold my last bike to him,haven't bought one since, always said i'd go back to him once the time was right.

I've seen him trade through the recession and he kept it going not a bother to him, often spoke with other truckers up and down the country who'd be into the bikes and they all know or knew of him.

Yeah it's an older bike, i just want to pay the bulk of the money while it's there, i'd be taking the bike in 2-3 weeks after making the payment.

He did say he'd hang onto it for a while in fairness.

He'll have to kit me out again from scratch as it's 10 years since i last had a bike.

Make sure you get the gear side of it squared early on in case he needs to get anything in. He has lots of gear and it's reasonably priced but much of it is odd sizes.

What are you buying?

cantdecide wrote: »
    What are you buying?

A Suzuki Bandit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Zebbedee

if I put down a deposit on a bike, 90% of the total cost, does he issue a receipt for that?

That's some deposit! :eek:

Zebbedee wrote: »
    That's some deposit! :eek:

That’s all the interest on my communion and confirmation money :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

Have being dealing with JT with many many years and he is one if not the best. 100% honest. No "freeCoffees" like the main dealers but his prices are always the best. He likes a bit of haggling.

Riva10 wrote: »
    Have being dealing with JT with many many years and he is one if not the best. 100% honest. No "freeCoffees" like the main dealers but his prices are always the best. He likes a bit of haggling.

I'm just back from there, we were having a grand oul chat in fairness, he is one of the most decent men out there.

He said take my time with the bike,i can collect it whenever i want.

Done me a deal on the gear as well.

He has matched some of it to the same prices as Lee.

Even still, i have dealt with Lee before and JT exceeds them hands down.

I don't care for a free coffee, just an honest bike dealer who says it like it is, you get all of that with John.

I don't care for a free coffee, just an honest bike dealer who says it like it is, you get all of that with John.

Nice one. Post a pic when you collect her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Haven't bought a bike from JT yet, but I've gotten loads of gear off of him over the last year.

He had a heart attack last year and was thinking about closing up, but I think he's enjoying the job too much.

The one thing I've heard about buying from him is to check everything for signs of rust, as a lot of the bikes can be stored there for years.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Haven't bought a bike from JT yet, but I've gotten loads of gear off of him over the last year.

He had a heart attack last year and was thinking about closing up, but I think he's enjoying the job too much.

The one thing I've heard about buying from him is to check everything for signs of rust, as a lot of the bikes can be stored there for years.

It was around last summer he had the heart attack I think.

Given the amount of stock he’s got plus his popularity on the biking scene, I’d say he was asked to reconsider closing down, for the time being anyway.

He’s still a young man, about 50 I believe.

There’s some bikes there over 20 years he was telling me.

Either way he’s a well established biking legend in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

jeez 90% , never been to JT but have heard good things , 2 or 3 hundred secured me a deposit for my gsxr in baldricks , he asked if i wanted a receipt in case i forget to collect lol :)

pudzey101 wrote: »
    jeez 90% , never been to JT but have heard good things , 2 or 3 hundred secured me a deposit for my gsxr in baldricks , he asked if i wanted a receipt in case i forget to collect lol :)

Yeah, I know I’d only end up spending it stupidly otherwise.

He took down my details, no receipt though, but his reputation is a guarantee in itself.

JT has had people who have paid and never collected (to date). Going back a few years on one bike.

Advertisement