Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

career break funding

Options
  • 31-01-2018 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

with the career break deadline looming, I was just curious if you can apply for CB and then review possible funding sources, there are plenty of further ed opportunities available but what do we people do for funding?

i have not won lotto so 12 months with no cash is a bit of a challenge but I would love to hear how others managed it?

that is of course if they do not issue a blanket ban across all the etb's thanks to our glorious minister..:eek:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

You'd be extremely lucky to get any kind of funding for a third level course. From what I've heard IRCSS is the best, but only for PhD and extremely competitive. Couldn't imagine anyone getting a grant for a masters but there could be some fund I haven't heard of.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭techteacher

I think you can do upto 300 hours in the school at hourly rate and the new scheme in ITT is offering certain masters and degree courses for free? A limited selection but worth investigating? lower tax rate also kicks in so the finance may be possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I think you can do upto 300 hours in the school at hourly rate and the new scheme in ITT is offering certain masters and degree courses for free? A limited selection but worth investigating? lower tax rate also kicks in so the finance may be possible

SEC work is allowed from what I gather.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Oooh I thought you meant actualy funding for a masters. Yea, you could easily make it work between the tax you get back and a bit of subbing here and there. Depending on your subjects you could do orals, practicals and correcting.

Advertisement