Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Film production in college

Options
  • 31-01-2018 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Wondering if anyone can help me always wanted to work in film possibly be a director
    Always planned to do a HND in film in ballyfermot but had the interview and don't think I got in , filled out the cao with creative digital media in ITT but really don't want to go as I want to focus on film and the course is a lot more broad and is four years long
    Now I'm starting to panic as to what I should do could anyone point me in the right direction ,should I take a year out build up a portfolio and apply to ballyfermot again or is there a way I could work my way up ?
    any suggestions off anyone in this industry greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 khemp

Hi Sduffy123,

Have you had a look at Colaiste dhulaigh.
    They have a PLC course in Communications and Media production.
    Its 3 years and it gives you a level 7 and then theres an add on year to get a BA (Level 8)
    They also have a film studies course too which has Director Frank Berry (Ballymun Lullaby, I Used To Live Here, and Michael Inside) as a lecturer.
    The entry requirements are an interview, Portfolio and your leaving Cert as far as I know.
    Check out there website for more info. The campus them 2 courses are is the Coolock Campus.
    You apply on their website for them courses.

There's also a creative media course in ITB (Blanchardstown) as well which you can have a look at too

Advertisement