Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bicycle Design Centre

Options
  • 31-01-2018 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,265 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.bicycledesigncentre.com/

Has anyone gotten a bike stripped and sprayed here?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Yes, I have.
    In fact, there's a photograph on the website of my frame, as a work in progress, in the renovation/respray gallery.
    I got mine done about three or four years ago.
    Good job.

And the finished bike:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=92151264

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

I had a dropout replaced a couple of years ago. Brendan does great work, very thorough and knowledgeable. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Eamonnator wrote: »
    In fact, there's a photograph on the website of my frame, as a work in progress, in the renovation/respray gallery.
    is that the bike OleRodrigo recently had in the small ads section?

is that the bike OleRodrigo recently had in the small ads section?

No. Mine has Reynolds 653 tubing, I think OleRodrigo's has Columbus. But I did buy it about 4 years ago on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,265 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Yes, I have.
    I got mine done about three or four years ago.
    Good job.

And the finished bike:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=92151264

Oh yes , I can see it.
    Smashing job alright.

Is €200 steep for such a job? The workmanship looks first class, I suppose you do get what you pay for.

• Advertisement

I got Brendan to do a couple of modifications to my frame. I wanted the brake cable stops moved from the top of the top tube to underneath the top tube. I thought it would look neater. He widened the rear stays to 130mm And I got carbon forks, I think theres a bit more involved in painting carbon. Brendan also cleaned and rust treated the inside of the tubes and he realigned the frame. I provided the decals, which were applied before he clear varnished the frame. There were two colours.
    I think it was about €300.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,265 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

My bike is a steel Peugeot, not much rust thankfully.

I have my original Wolber wheelset, a 5 speed cassette .
    I would love to keep the wheels, but the cassette and 'spindle' on the Hub is knackered ... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭Macy0161

He widened the rear stays to 130mm
    Brendan also cleaned and rust treated the inside of the tubes and he realigned the frame.
    I'd love to go full restore on my old five speed (tourer rather than the racer I called it at the time), which I found while clearing my mam's, and widen the stays to take a modern cassette. There could well be another thread on this somewhere, but where would I identify the tubing standard to see whether it is really worth putting money?

Advertisement