Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family holiday to Wales

Options
  • 31-01-2018 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

So we were looking at self catering in Ireland and all around 800/900 upwards mark, so we decided to see about the ferry to Wales. Imagine its roughly coming in around the same price! We have a six year old and 1.5yr old. So can any of you recommend good places in Wales or nice parks, I've did a search on here but all seem to be v old, is there any of you that have been to any of the parks more recently? I'd prefer a park with house/apartments as don't think I could hack a caravan 😠thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭fdevine

We've stayed twice in Haven Holiday parks in north wales

Hafen Y Mor & Presthaven Sands

Of the two Hafen Y Mor is probably the better park in terms of facilities but both have good pools, kids clubs & evening entertainment

Presthaven is closer to NE England so you could head up to Chester Zoo or closer to the park is Llandudno or closer again is Rhyl

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭zsha

Thanks that's great is hafan y mor far from holyhead? I seen they have apartments there too so must price up there now. Thanks v much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭fdevine

zsha wrote: »
    Thanks that's great is hafan y mor far from holyhead? I seen they have apartments there too so must price up there now. Thanks v much

It's about an hours drive (60-70 mins) to either Haven park from the ferry terminal

Great thanks, that sounds ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭SteM

We stayed with friends in South Wales last summer and had a great day out at Folly Farm with our 5 year old. It's a full day out, he was exhausted at the end of it. Lots to do even if it's raining there are indoor play areas etc. Worth a day out there if you find yourself in that area.

• Advertisement

SteM wrote: »
    We stayed with friends in South Wales last summer and had a great day out at Folly Farm with our 5 year old. It's a full day out, he was exhausted at the end of it. Lots to do even if it's raining there are indoor play areas etc. Worth a day out there if you find yourself in that area.

Great will try to def check that out

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭huntsman77

Hi did haven y mor twice north Wales really enjoyed it with a 2 year old plenty to keep kids busy. Also did. Kiln parkTenby one year would prefer it found it nicer location and better day trips around folly farm excellent and a theme park think it's oakwood beach right beside park and we're lucky with weather

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭R11

Thinking of booking hafan y mor, seems good fun for kids. Is it the best park for a 6 and 4 year old? It's only an hours drive from Holyhead which is great. This would be our first holiday outside Ireland so would like it to be good, especially for the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread moved to where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

Advertisement