Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to make up shortfalls with the Teaching Council - coming from Scotland/PGDE

Options
  • 31-01-2018 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Looking for some advice from anyone who has successfully registered with the Irish teaching council after coming from abroad. I will be an NQT next year in Scotland and after that I want to return to Ireland. My PGDE carries 60 ECTS credits - I understand I will have to make up the other 60 in order to be fully registered. Any guidance on how? I can do a part-time masters here - that would mean gaining 180 ECTS credits in total. How do I even know they will accept this masters??
    Catholic Teachers Certificate - is it essential? 
    Irish language requirement - can I get full time positions with partial registration with the teaching council while I gain this?
    Draoicht? Do I have to do anything else other than the above? 
    Very grateful for any responses at all! The Teaching Coucnil have not been very helpful and just tell me to make an application first - which I can't do until I've completed my NQT year! And I want to get started on this masters business in the meantime!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Clurr93

Hi just wondering if you got the answer to the question about being hired while you complete the Irish shortfall?

Advertisement