Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish angling expo 2018....Bargains to be got?

Options
  • 31-01-2018 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Well,

Plan on heading up to it this year, never been before, wonder is there much value on fishing gear?
    Mainly game fishing I'm into. Also wonder will there be any stalls with float tubes?! Should be a good buzz about the place anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

I've been a good few times over the years. I don't go to buy tackle there any more, but I usually pick up a few small bits and bobs. I mainly spend my time there chatting to lads I don't see that often and listening in on some of the talks. The show is ok, if you've never been, its worth a visit.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

We'll be there with our fishing kayaks. Beat float tubes any day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

I’m looking forward to getting back on the rivers this year. The talks at the show are always good. Impossible not to pick up a few presents for me too. Fishing kayaks are really cool, I have one but mines a bit of a bath tub.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Jim from Cork

Bargains at the show? I suppose it depends what you are looking for really. There are some bargains to be got for sure and it can be a good place to haggle for an item. I consider the angling show to be a "day out". As some of the previous posters have said... catch up with lads for a natter and wander around, listen to a talk two...

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭huntsman77

Any one go to the show today lads is it worth a day out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Fred Nash

I was there, thought twas excellent, really good demonstrators, loads and loads of gear, twas like Christmas day, bargains to be got there, great vibe about it, just set a budget on what you want to buy and see before you go what you actually need or else you end up spending a load. Il def ho back next year, it's like the ploughing championship of angling ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭huntsman77

Yea was there years ago enjoyed mean to go every year and never do might head up tmm so would like to see the demos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

Had a chance to speak to a few of the A.P.G.A.I. instructors, a great bunch of professional lads and lassies. So many fisheries and lodges to choose from. Really looking forward to getting out this year. Had a chance to buy dozens of flies from an association that helps disabled anglers. What an incredible bunch of people. Not sure about my choice of flies though. This wet weather will help me stay indoors and do some homework on what flies to tie.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Copal

i heard a lot of lads complaining on the saturday that it was just big shops from across the water trying to flog all their old gear from last year, but was pleasantly surprised when i went up on the sunday. got a few good prices on flytying stuff from the likes of piscari, a good way to spend the afternoon anyway

Advertisement