Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great news regarding Setanta insurance claims.

Options
  • 31-01-2018 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭

Great news as it has to start being sorted now as our government buddies were on the news earlier stating costs and how anyone of the under 1600 claims will get 100% of what they are owed.

I've been waiting over 6 years for this.

Delighted but really hope there are no more hold ups.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Watch the premiums jump yet again

I understood that this was the reasoning that the premiums started to creep up crazily over the last few years,now it looks like we are going to need Vaseline once more

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

seanin4711 wrote: »

I understood that this was the reasoning that the premiums started to creep up crazily over the last few years,now it looks like we are going to need Vaseline once more

It's a crazy set up but having a company registered in Malta and regulated there with only Irish on its books should have screamed..... Danger danger.

My insurance has gone from €1k to €1970 since 2015.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

seanin4711 wrote: »

It shouldn't. The Government is actually dipping in to the Insurance Compensation Fund (levy) that it has being coining for decades. This is one of the purposes that it was designed for, but assumed the position of nice little earner for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭booooonzo

any idea how you get a refund or will it just be issued
    I've received letters in the past years but ignored them as i assumed nothing would come of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

booooonzo wrote: »
    any idea how you get a refund or will it just be issued
    I've received letters in the past years but ignored them as i assumed nothing would come of it!

I believe the receivers will be in touch just like before.

100% of claim is now on the table as before it was less but still worth something to those badly effected.

It's been some wait.

If you have a claim they must pay out what ever it is.

If you need a solicitor I've one worth contacting over it as they are working on my behalf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

booooonzo wrote:
    any idea how you get a refund or will it just be issued I've received letters in the past years but ignored them as i assumed nothing would come of it!

Are you talking about a refund of premium? I don't think that's happening. Open to correction though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

It's a crazy set up but having a company registered in Malta and regulated there with only Irish on its books should have screamed..... Danger danger
    Unless somethings changed, they're still here.

Insured my dad with 1 of them last year, not this year, I expect them to bail coming up to 2 years in business.

Advertisement