Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticketmaster Fan Guarantee: 72 Hour Refund/Exchange Tickets

Options
  • 30-01-2018 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭

I stumbled across this on the Ticketmaster Ireland website earlier.

It seems that they have introduced the same system they have in the US where tickets are fully refundable for 72 hours after purchase, up until two weeks before the event.

https://help.ticketmaster.ie/fan-guarantee/
    We give you three days to change your mind.Tickets are fully refundable for 72 hours after purchase, up until two weeks before the event. Please read our purchase policy.
    For futher details on the terms of our Fan Guarantee and request your refund through our refund form.*

You can also exchange your tickets for better ones if they become available.
    We'll exchange your tickets if you find better ones. Get a refund on your original purchase when you buy new tickets from us of equal or higher price, up until one week before the event by calling our customer service team. You will be required to pay of any ticket price difference and an administration charge of €6/£6 per order. You can apply for ticket exchange 72 hours after purchase up to 14 days before the event takes place.*

This is very good news for consumers .
    People can now upgrade crap seats for better ones closer to an event and get a refund if they need to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Zardoz wrote: »

People can now upgrade crap seats for better ones closer to an event and get a refund if they need to.

The wording around exchanging is confusing

up until one week before the event by calling our customer service team.
    You can apply for ticket exchange 72 hours after purchase up to 14 days before the event takes place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

The wording around exchanging is confusing

Yeah this line

"Tickets are fully refundable for 72 hours after purchase, up until two weeks before the event"

Its a bit confusing, does it mean from 3 days after ticket purchase up until 2 weeks before the event ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I'm reading it as you can refund/exchange tickets up until 72 hours after purchase, except in the 2 weeks before the gig. I presume their thinking is that if you buy tickets then, you're not going to change your mind.

I think this will help the touts. They can buy tickets and if the show isn't a sell out or more dates are added, they can just get a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Wheety wrote: »

I think this will help the touts. They can buy tickets and if the show isn't a sell out or more dates are added, they can just get a refund.

You can only claim three refunds a year though so .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

I hope they ask for those refunded tickets to be sent back. Last thing we need is more cancelled legit looking tickets floating around.

• Advertisement

Toast wrote: »
    I hope they ask for those refunded tickets to be sent back. Last thing we need is more cancelled legit looking tickets floating around.

I doubt they'll be sent out that quick. Etickets might be different though. Myabe they shouldn't make Etickets available until after the cut off. I know sometimes they're not available straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

The Pessimist in me says they'll use that tool to flog the crap seats first, good ones for the tout sites but be grand as closer to event if top dollar tickets don't actually sell people are able to upgrade and rest of the attendees are none the wiser :eek:

Companies like TM don't have a good track record when it comes to customer service, would have to be naive to accept immediately this is more in our interests than theirs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Wheety wrote: »
    I doubt they'll be sent out that quick. Etickets might be different though. Myabe they shouldn't make Etickets available until after the cut off. I know sometimes they're not available straight away.

Ticketmaster don't do "etickets", they do print at home tickets. There is a difference.

This is going increase the amount of ticket fraud going on. We had scams going on at Phil Collins that we had never seen before.

prinzeugen wrote: »
    Ticketmaster don't do "etickets", they do print at home tickets. There is a difference.

This is going increase the amount of ticket fraud going on. We had scams going on at Phil Collins that we had never seen before.

Correct. I did, of course, mean print at home.

You could order a few, print them out and return them. Sell off several copies and the purchaser won't know until they try and gain entry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 ux_dave

Has anyone availed of this yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Dutchy

I have.

Don't let them fool you into paying €6 if you want to cancel your ticket.
    I had a bit of back & forth with them re same & they directed me to their terms & conditions that stated there is a €6 admin. fee to cancel.

They sent me this...

Hi xxxx

Please see the Fan Guarantee policy at http://www.ticketmaster.ie/legal/purchase.html

10. YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL/EXCHANGE/UPGRADE - TICKETMASTER'S FAN GUARANTEE
    10.1 In addition to your statutory rights under applicable laws, Ticketmaster operates our unique "Fan Guarantee", pursuant to which, you may cancel, exchange or upgrade all the Tickets in your order, subject to payment of an admin fee of €6.00/£6.00 (in relation to exchanges and upgrades only) and the restrictions, terms and conditions, and fair use policy set out in the rest of this clause 10.
    Please let us know if wish to proceed with refund and cancellation fee of €6.

Kind regards,

Ticketmaster

However, it states that the fee is applicable to exchanges & refunds only (see below).

admin fee of €6.00/£6.00 (in relation to exchanges and upgrades only)

Anyways, they have waived the fee but fully expect them to update their terms & conditions soon! Just don't get caught out in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jimd2

threein99 wrote: »
    Yeah this line

"Tickets are fully refundable for 72 hours after purchase, up until two weeks before the event"

Its a bit confusing, does it mean from 3 days after ticket purchase up until 2 weeks before the event ?

I would say that it means that you can claim up to 72 hours after you purchase the ticket however you cannot do this if it is less than 2 weeks to the event.

So you cannot purchase, say, 10 days before the event and avail of this.

Not too bad if people buy multiple lots of tickets for a very popula / sold out even that a few people from a group are legitimately trying for.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Bought tix this morning before I realised I would be out of the country, submitted fan guarantee form and got confirmation of refund within a few hours - not too shabby

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Dutchy

Does anyone know if Ticketmaster pulled this benefit?

https://help.ticketmaster.ie/contact-fan-guarantee/?_ga=2.80696404.299259343.1534242813-1996541556.1518436198

Getting the dreaded 'OOPS' landing page.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

maximoose wrote: »
    Bought tix this morning before I realised I would be out of the country, submitted fan guarantee form and got confirmation of refund within a few hours - not too shabby

Did it take long for the refund to go back into your card?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Dutchy wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Ticketmaster pulled this benefit?

https://help.ticketmaster.ie/contact-fan-guarantee/?_ga=2.80696404.299259343.1534242813-1996541556.1518436198

Getting the dreaded 'OOPS' landing page.
    A trick to find stuff is to grab some text already quoted and put it into google using "quotes", this forces google to only search for that exact string of words.

I searched "We'll exchange your tickets if you find better ones. Get a refund on your original purchase when you buy new tickets from us of equal or higher price," and got the same link Zardoz posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Did it take long for the refund to go back into your card?

No more than a couple of days IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

As a follow up to this, ticketmaster have very quietly rolled this back to a 24 hour window post purchase.

As a follow up to this, ticketmaster have very quietly rolled this back to a 24 hour window post purchase.

Yes ,they seemed to change it a few months back .
    I suspect what Wheety said was the reason for it
    Touts were probably buying in presales on a Wednesday and then cancelling on the Friday if a show isnt a sell out or more dates are added.

I've only ever used the exchange option myself ,have been regularly able to upgrade my seats for a gig,usually for excellent seats released nearer the event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Touts were probably buying in presales on a Wednesday and then cancelling on the Friday if a show isnt a sell out or more dates are added.

I've only ever used the exchange option myself ,have been regularly able to upgrade my seats for a gig,usually for excellent seats released nearer the event.

Make no mistake about it TM are the biggest tout around and combating touts has never been part of their mantra, obviously they don't benefit from refunds but attempting to increase people to use their resell platform on the otherhand...

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Irishgal2000

Hi Zardoz, are you able to exchange tickets/upgrade a lot of times? I thought it was only twice a year including the refund thing. That’s good if you are allow to exchange more than this.

Hi Zardoz, are you able to exchange tickets/upgrade a lot of times? I thought it was only twice a year including the refund thing. That’s good if you are allow to exchange more than this.

I dont think there is a limit on how often you can exchange tickets ,I don't really see why there would be as you can only exchange for tickets in the same price bracket or higher.

https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/articles/360019928573-Fan-Guarantee

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Irishgal2000

I dont think there is a limit on how often you can exchange tickets ,I don't really see why there would be as you can only exchange for tickets in the same price bracket or higher.

https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/articles/360019928573-Fan-Guarantee

Thanks very much Zardoz, that’s good news

• Registered Users Posts: 37,874 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Got a ticket for an event today in the three presale but searched again later to find a better seat in which I purchased

I have emailed them to ask for a refund on the first order.

Advertisement