Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50k to invest.

Options
  • 30-01-2018 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

hi,i have 50k to invest and i am looking at the 10year national solidarity bond.the reason is, i dont want anything risky or have to move it around or sweat over it.i can leave it in there and forget about it for 10 years.

Is this the best option investment for someone like me that wants no risk,also i cant understand if d.i.r.t or any other liabilities are due,one piece i read said it was tax free but another said it was not.

can anyone give me a good lowdown.thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭littlevillage

johnboy8 wrote: »
    hi,i have 50k to invest and i am looking at the 10year national solidarity bond.the reason is, i dont want anything risky or have to move it around or sweat over it.i can leave it in there and forget about it for 10 years.

Is this the best option investment for someone like me that wants no risk,also i cant understand if d.i.r.t or any other liabilities are due,one piece i read said it was tax free but another said it was not.

can anyone give me a good lowdown.thanks.

10 year solidarity bond is tax free.

16% return. No fees. But you will have to provide a ppsn number, so Government department's Social Welfare, Revenue etc. will know of your loot.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭johnboy8

10 year solidarity bond is tax free.

16% return. No fees. But you will have to provide a ppsn number, so Government department's Social Welfare, Revenue etc. will know of your loot.

thats not really a bad thing(or is it)i think no matter what i do i think the government can find out about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭topper_harley2

No it's not an issue. That's best option for zero risk. Worth noting interest rates could rise in interim, as ten years is long time and you're locked in.

Have you a mortgage? You could pay 50k lump sum off that if you do..... That'd be much better return (savings on interest)

Advertisement