Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parent and baby screenings cinema?

Options
  • 30-01-2018 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

Has anyone been to these? What age is suitable to bring? I am so tempted to try this out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭ondafly

Has anyone been to these? What age is suitable to bring? I am so tempted to try this out.

It's brilliant. I recommend it 100%. It's for babies up to crawling age after that you're not allowed I think.
    You park the buggy up below the screen and the lights are dim enough to see what you are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

I went to the cinema in Galway almost every week of my leave once we were comfortable out and about and before she got to the antsy moving around age. They don't seem to limit the child age, as there were 3-5 year olds in there climbing in the gangway of the screen because they were too bored sitting down.
    It's a great way to get out of the house and meet other parents. It's much harder now to get out to the cinema as I'm back at work and toddler goes to sleep early; we've also not worked out a babysitter yet, plus it's rather expensive for a regular activity, and we'd probably choose to do dinner with friends instead if we had the chance to go out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Great for small babies, I used to go to the one in Blanch. He mostly snoozed and fed all the way through, as did the other babies. Nice way to pass a couple of hours! Lights are left on low, volume is reduced, and the parents were always considerate in bringing babies out if they got upset.

Advertisement