Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a good rockabilly /slow rocking band and a good trad band ?

Options
  • 29-01-2018 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi lads
    Me and my gf are getting married in june and having the wedding in a field with marquee a chilled out kinda wedding. Were looking to get a good rockabilly band and a trad band also. Anyone know of any good bands?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Hollywood Slim and the Fat Cats are a good 50's type blues band that people could dance to. I think they are Dublin based.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭jasushaw

Hollywood Slim and the Fat Cats are a good 50's type blues band that people could dance to. I think they are Dublin based.

Thanks for the reply . Just seen them on youtube they sound deadly. Last thing i seen from them is in 2009 ill contact them hopefully there still playing

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭godfrey

Check out Los Paradiso for rockabilly/surf/blues. They play the Leeson Lounge on Wed nights.

g

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭jasushaw

Any other bands anyone knows of

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭laros

check out The Rockets we seen them in Bray a few weeks ago and they were brilliant.. :-)

http://www.thedublinrockets.com/video.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Bluemoose are great for the rock side
    They tend to book up quickly though
    You might get more suggestions on the wedding forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Look up a Carlow based band named Beef Supreme

Advertisement