Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who remembers this thread "Riots in the Parisian suburbs"

Options
  • 29-01-2018 8:44pm
    Site Banned Posts: 406 ✭✭

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057707063/1

It was about a guy getting basically raped by French police, sparked a lot of riots, destruction and ill feeling, look how exercised this guy was for example! He summed up a lot of the anger on this thread about the incident..

"After googling it, here's a bit more for people that are interested.

http://www.politico.eu...sm-aulnay-sous-bois/

Apparently a youth worker intervened in an argument between police and someone he knew. He was apparently trying to deescalate the situation. He was beaten by police, pepper sprayed and anally raped by police using a truncheon. His wounds were so bad that hat he was rushed to hospital for emergency surgery on his rectum.

https://www.theguardia...n-estates-near-paris
    Quote:Earlier Théo had described the assault, saying he thought he was going to die. He said a police baton was forced into his anus and that he was then sprayed with teargas to the face and mouth and beaten to the head while officers shouted insults, including “bitch”. He said the pain from being sprayed and beaten to the head seemed “fleeting” because he was in such agony from the baton attack. “I was walking only because they were holding me up,” he said.

Shortly after, he was rushed to hospital for emergency surgery to repair his rectum. Doctors said he would be incapacitated for three months.

The police said no charges would be brought against the officers since it was an "accidental rape".

And then the riots started...

Hollande has appeared with the victim and both have called on the riots to stop.
    Le Pen has said she supports the police and says the government hasn't done enough to crack down on the rioters.

And that brings us up to date. Really the incident is very reminiscent of a black lives matter issue or something like Rodney King."

I think the "victim" got €700,000

Well today the video of the attack was released and it shows somthing different!

I can't link to any English speaking media as it apparently is not of importance now?

http://www.europe1.fr/faits-divers/exclusif-affaire-theo-l-la-video-de-son-interpellation-3559148

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

You obviously remember the thread before you re-registered your account...

My French is pretty terrible so what's going on here then?

• Site Banned Posts: 406 ✭✭Pepefrogok

Fieldog wrote: »
    You obviously remember the thread before you re-registered your account...

My French is pretty terrible so what's going on here then?

Nope, I just searched for a thread about it to bump with the new news but couldn't as it had been locked so created this one to discus the new revelation that there were a lot of lies told.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

Pepefrogok wrote: »
    Nope, I just searched for a thread about it to bump with the new news but couldn't as it had been locked so created this one to discus the new revelation that there were a lot of lies told.

Hey Mr Alt Right! There's a question on if the intent was rape, there is the remaining factor that the individual ended up with serious wins to their anus as a result of it. Brutality from the police is unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,298 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

I'll get my coat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Been there etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I don't even care enough to watch the video. but surely if the hospital staff performed surgery on his rectum then it was quite serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 rizzles

we have a saying in Sweden
    mångfald är vår styrka
    diversity is our strenght

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057707063/1

It was about a guy getting basically raped by French police, sparked a lot of riots, destruction and ill feeling, look how exercised this guy was for example! He summed up a lot of the anger on this thread about the incident..

"After googling it, here's a bit more for people that are interested.

http://www.politico.eu...sm-aulnay-sous-bois/

Apparently a youth worker intervened in an argument between police and someone he knew. He was apparently trying to deescalate the situation. He was beaten by police, pepper sprayed and anally raped by police using a truncheon. His wounds were so bad that hat he was rushed to hospital for emergency surgery on his rectum.

https://www.theguardia...n-estates-near-paris
    Quote:Earlier Théo had described the assault, saying he thought he was going to die. He said a police baton was forced into his anus and that he was then sprayed with teargas to the face and mouth and beaten to the head while officers shouted insults, including “bitch”. He said the pain from being sprayed and beaten to the head seemed “fleeting” because he was in such agony from the baton attack. “I was walking only because they were holding me up,” he said.

Shortly after, he was rushed to hospital for emergency surgery to repair his rectum. Doctors said he would be incapacitated for three months.

The police said no charges would be brought against the officers since it was an "accidental rape".

And then the riots started...

Hollande has appeared with the victim and both have called on the riots to stop.
    Le Pen has said she supports the police and says the government hasn't done enough to crack down on the rioters.

And that brings us up to date. Really the incident is very reminiscent of a black lives matter issue or something like Rodney King."

Well today the video of the attack was released and it shows somthing different!

I can't link to any English speaking media as it apparently is not of importance now?

http://www.europe1.fr/faits-divers/exclusif-affaire-theo-l-la-video-de-son-interpellation-3559148

What is your point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Chrongen wrote: »
    What is your point?

I don't think he has one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

pitifulgod wrote: »
    the individual ended up with serious wins to their anus as a result of it.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Vive la France.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

rizzles wrote: »
    mångfald är vår styrka

Good luck with that

Good luck with that
    thank you

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

If this thread goes down the route of the last thread it will be closed quick smart.

The closing post was:
    There has been a conceited effort by some people on this thread to turn it into a discussion on immigration and Islam which has absolutely nothing to do with the topic. Soapboxing about immigration on a thread about a man being brutalised. Ridiculous. The worst offenders have been banned.

This was then followed by a discussion on French politics which isn't suited for this forum.

Same rules apply here.

And I think that the OP needs to be more clear in their reason for starting the thread and clarify why the word victim is in quotes alongside the monetary compensation figure they received.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Odhinn

He said he got a baton up the ass. Other have looked at the wound/s and said that he got a baton up the ass. In the video he gets a baton up the ass. I'm not seeing the "different".

Very handy, that.

Ugh. So many threads motivated by hate lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

pitifulgod wrote: »
    Hey Mr Alt Right! There's a question on if the intent was rape, there is the remaining factor that the individual ended up with serious wins to their anus as a result of it. Brutality from the police is unacceptable.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    rizzles wrote: »
    mångfald är vår styrka

How would you say that in your native Russian?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

I say we hijack this thread and make it about kittens and puppies and stuff like that.

tumblr_njy5ihohLL1re3kvuo1_400.gif

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

How would you say that in your native Russian?

разнообразие - наша сила
    open yu borders irish people
    open your hearts,
    diversity is our greatest strength

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

He was less innocent than he made himself out to be, but the "police" still rammed a baton up his ass, and that is still inexcusable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

The ants are back Ted

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

wakka12 wrote: »
    I don't even care enough to watch the video. but surely if the hospital staff performed surgery on his rectum then it was quite serious.

rectum? nearly effin killed him

Advertisement