Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome!

Options
  • 29-01-2018 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭

Great to finally see this started, hopefully the momentum we had during the initial proposal phase will pick back up, though it would have been great to have this in the run up to Christmas with PSVR / PCVR headset sales.

I personally have a PSVR and Oculus, and both have their own strengths and weaknesses, but needless to say they've reignited my passion for gaming that was otherwise waning playing on a TV / monitor.

I'm currently trying to playthrough my flatscreen backlog just as I know I'm never going to do back to them in future, and have to say it's a struggle and I'm missing my VR world.

The only other flatscreen game I envision buying in the future would be Last of Us Part 2.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Sweet new digs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Well done all, great to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,307 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

opens virtual bottle of Champagne

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I note the PSVR megathread hasn't been ported over yet? Any reason?

Most active VR thread on the site at the moment, and even more reason why it needs to branch out into separate threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

mrcheez wrote: »
    I note the PSVR megathread hasn't been ported over yet? Any reason?

Most active VR thread on the site at the moment, and even more reason why it needs to branch out into separate threads.

Give it time. The forum has been created today and it could be a matter that the mods simply didn't get the chance to move it or else it could have been overseen and just needed to be highlighted for things to move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Finally!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

Nice one Mr Cheez. Dogged determination to get this up and running so thank you for all your work!

Now on to discussing throwing bananas at robots and flying real actual spaceships!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

A suggestion for this forum (not sure if this would take another 6 months to add but here goes...)

Could we have prefixes for thread titles as you do on Bargain Alerts?

My suggestions would be:
    (None)
    PSVR
    HTC Vive
    Oculus Rift
    Oculus Go

And maybe someone else wants to chime in with the AR / Pimax ones as I've no idea about those.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Fearganainm

Dunno if any of you have considered adopting The Windows Mixed Reality headsets. But they now all have a full access to steam games and Oculus Revive. I have a Lenovo Explorer and it's a very cool piece of kit. It utilises what is known as inside-out tracking so there is no need for sensors. It is plug and play and full room scale. 1440 X 1440 res per eye. Very light 332 grams. Prices have come down since release last Dec and it is a great way to get into VR.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Dunno if any of you have considered adopting The Windows Mixed Reality headsets. But they now all have a full access to steam games and Oculus Revive. I have a Lenovo Explorer and it's a very cool piece of kit. It utilises what is known as inside-out tracking so there is no need for sensors. It is plug and play and full room scale. 1440 X 1440 res per eye. Very light 332 grams. Prices have come down since release last Dec and it is a great way to get into VR.

Do you mean adopting posts about WMR here in the new VR forum or adopting as in buying one?

• Advertisement

Its great that we have front index page visability too!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Fearganainm

Calibos wrote: »
    Do you mean adopting posts about WMR here in the new VR forum or adopting as in buying one?

Well I'm sure that I'm not the only one to have bought a WMR headset. I'm willing to share my experiences with it here on this forum so yeah I suppose a WMR sub ?

Of course Fearganainm. The Virtual Reality forum welcomes all VR devices. I can't wait till all VR headsets are Inside/Out tracked. We'd love to hear about your experiences with the Lenovo!

Advertisement