Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repairs to driveway

Options
  • 29-01-2018 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Looking for a bit of advice on cost and quantities. The driveway up to the house is getting fairly rutted and potholed this winter and I am looking to repair it. The existing surface was fairly solid and I believe was mainly recycled road shavings and crushed asphalt over hardcore well compacted. I've been told that 804 is the best option to repair it and I should fill the potholes with 804 then cover the entire lane with 150mm of 804.
    The driveway is 90m x 3m - would a 20 tonne load cover it? Any estimates of a reasonable cost per tonne delivered for 804 is based on a full or half load (am assuming a full tipper load is 20 tonnes). Located in east Cork.
    Thanks for any advice. Less than minimal knowledge in this myself...

Advertisement