Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Degiro and London/Dublin Stamp Duty

Options
  • 29-01-2018 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

I have a UK account with degiro and I am UK based. However on a buy transaction today I have been charged the London/Dublin Stamp duty for LSE listed stock. Why Am i being charged this? Anyone else experience this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

I have a UK account with degiro and I am UK based. However on a buy transaction today I have been charged the London/Dublin Stamp duty for LSE listed stock. Why Am i being charged this? Anyone else experience this?

Stamp duty is charged on most LSE listed stocks.
    What stock did you buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

Stamp duty is charged on most LSE listed stocks.
    What stock did you buy?

Interserve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

From DeGiro fees summary:

"PTM (Panel on Takeovers & Mergers) Levy, Government Stamp Duty or Stamp Duty Reserve Tax (0.5% on purchases of UK shares and 1.00% on purchase of Irish shares) is not included in any of the commission fees quoted"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Interserve.

Yes that share has stamp duty. Nothing out of the ordinary.

It's probably just the degiro labeling of the tax as London/Dublin that's throwing you off. They have just a single label for stamp duty.

Advertisement